1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T rewrite history

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 682LINY, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Just had a mass membership meeting that I am ashamed of being a member of,,,,,TWU local 100,,,,at this meeting we were given our new 2009 calenders,,,,wich include all sorts of " holidays",,,with One glaring ommision,,,Washingtons Birthday,,,,I have been told that because He was a slave owner he does not rate being on this UNION calender,,,,as I say I am ashamed of being a member of this union,,,,after new business was concluded there was a long live obama chant,,,,thats when I left

2. calilori

calilori TS Member

I'm not sure if it is the same everywhere but here in California we can choose to have our union dues go to a charity instead of the union.

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Bill, they may have to exclude quite a few as there were many slave owners in our early Govt. I too, despise History being mutilated to satisfy a handful of lib's. Although I find it offensive and revolting, slavery was legal and accepted at that point in America. It doesn't reduce the contributions of great men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, or Abe Lincoln (who's wife owned slaves so he technically was an owner also). I think most will agree their's being considerably more than Obama has, or probably ever will. I'd have left too. I can't stand long live Obama chants. Did the union give the the holiday pay for the dreadful day back? I just wondered if they were serious enough about it to disolve the holiday money also. PS. late congratulation on the 100 straight serious good shooting. J.Woolsey

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

With the fiscal crisis everywhere around us....the Unions will be history soon.

Curt

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thankfully he can only live in the Whitehouse for 8 years

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Lincons Birthday is a union holiday,,,as is presidents day,,,Washingtons is not a union holiday

7. JOND

JOND TS Member

I assume everyone opened their wallets and burned their one dollar bills! They also swore to never touch Washington quarters! JOND

8. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

I picked up my calender from the "Department of Veterans Affairs" and guess what,not in there....GOOD LUCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.