1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T research on 370Z purchase??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chiefjon, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I am intersted in buying a new 370Z Nissan. I am having trouble finding a web site that lists Invoice prices or in the alternative what is the lowest price these may be purchased at. Any help would be appreciated.

JON

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Suggest that you start calling dealers and ask if you can see the invoice from the factory to them. Be sure to ask for the fleet department. That's how I got a good deal on my G-35 Infiniti. Another way to start is to walk into, say, a BMW store and talk with somebody who is enthuiastic. Tell them what you are looking for, in this case a 370Z. They might know of a colleague that will deal honestly and work from the dealer's invoice. If any dealer refuses to work from their invoice, i.e., reveal it, walk.

Offer say, "100 up" and then go from there.

There are also, books found in bookstores that will show the actual dealer prices.

Good luck; the 370Z looks compelling. It is really the same as the Infiniti G series with a sports car body. Be aware that the engine, a dohc V-6 tends to be thirsty, surprisingly so, and I am not a leadfoot. "My" G car is really my wife's daily driver; but I found it to be a great ride to Tahoe and back last weekend. However, it only returned 23.6 mpg on the level ground, on cruise, at an indicated 80. I know of a pushrod V-6 car 3.8 liter (Buick Regal) that will return much closer to 30 mpg at same speed and conditions.

Good luck, I think you will love the car.

3. missemucho

missemucho Member

Check Consumer Reports; for a small fee (under $20) they'll give you the dealers price and all the give backs from the factory.
    John

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Check out the Hyundai Genesis Sports car, they have a V-6 Engine w/275 hp and a 6 Speed Manual Trans. I bought the Tiburon 4 cyl w/auto for 14,925 the standard is $13,000, The genesis replaced the Tiburon, and 2008 was the last year for Tiburon. Hyundai sales are only off 3% all other Car Cos. are down 45%
    and lower. 10 year 100,000 miles drive train, 60,000 miles bumper to bumper.
    I love mine and 32+ Miles per gallon.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.