1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Remington Model 121 - .22 cal Pump Rifle?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yeah, they were similar to the Remington model 12, I think the smooth bore had the "SB" designation. They were a take down rifle, with the screw on the left side of the receiver that you loosen with your fingers. Very good guns.

Tron.

2. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

Steve i shot one back in the 40s , we called it a 22 scatter shot. I don't know if you can still get the shells for that gun today. Hang on to it , the gun's a keeper

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

This is my "Target C grade", made in 1926. It has an octagon barrel and you can see the screw on the left of the receiver. Hellofa gun.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Tron

4. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

I Have around 20 some 22 smooth bores in my 22 rifle collection. Two of those are Remington 121s. Both my guns are marked "Routledge Bore For 22 Long Rifle Shot Cartridge". I have also seen at least one that was not Routledge bored and one that was marked for Mo-Skeet-O. A Routledge bore is when they ran a reamer down the end of the barrel to a depth of about 13.5 inches. The end result was for a better pattern. It made the end of the barrel look like a 410.

Remington smooth bores and MO-SKEET-O traps and targets were sold together according to some of the original advertisements I have.

After the 121 was discontinued Remington had a few variations of the model 572 some with Simmons ribs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mo-skeet-o 22 scatter shot

model 121 remington 22

remington 121 forum

remington 121 routledge barrel

remington 121 with octagon barrel
remington model 121 22 skeet
remington model 121 routledge
remington model 121 skeet