1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T REMINGTON 105CTI LATEST

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KK, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KK

KK TS Member

Does anyone know the latest on the Remington 105CTI Auto. Is it still a viable entitity or has Remington put it to sleep? I have seen a few used ones being offered for sale which I assume were part of the prematurly released lot that got on the market before Remington could stop them, but there has been nothing on when or if there will be a redesigned model released. What's up with Remington's new low recoil auto.

2. lct

lct TS Member

I traded for a new one 6 months ago and had a lot of trouble and sent it back. They kept it for 4 weeks and put a lot of new parts in it. It is one of the best guns I have owned if it continues like it has for the last two months.

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

There is some occasional chatter about the 105 cti over at www.shotgunworld.com on the "I love my...." boards for Remington.

The gun does have some bugs. I have not shot one yet, but did handle one at a gun shop and it has a crisp trigger, but frankly can't tell much difference in feel compared to a smoothed up 1100 trigger.

I'm not sure I like the "auto feeding" mechanism. I did observe, however, the gun appears to be made on new tooling since the machining is clean and crisp and without the burrs and chatter seen on 1100s and 11-87s over the past 10 to 15 years.

The 105 does seem to have more than its fair share of problems and personally, I don't believe it will ever match the 1100 for all around utility and "shootability"

I vote it will be a bygone loser in about two to three years. It's design really isn't a radical departure from anything-it's another variation of an existing theme, albeit made with more modern materials.

4. Coach P

Coach P TS Member

I'm a lefty and I was looking for a left handed 1100 with no luck so I purchased a 105 CTI last spring because I didn't have a hunting shotgun anymore. I still havn't hunted with it but have shot skeet and sporting clays with it with reasonable success. It needs good amunition to cycle properly. Federals and cheap winchester shells (Wally's) don't work well in it but Gun Clubs 1 oz. work great in it.

I have the only 105 CTI that I know of around here. The Store I got it from only had one and have had no others since. Are they still available ? I thought it was a great idea but was scared of it at first. I took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly when it was new and was suprised to see how simple the action is. Other than trouble finding the right shells to use I have had no trouble with this gun at 1500 or so rounds through it.

To be fair about this, my Teknys Gold Trap doesn't cycle the cheap stuff any better. It fails to close several times per trap. I use Gun Clubs in it with great success.

Coach Paul

5. KK

KK TS Member

u

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.