1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Remington 105 CTi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rifle guy, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

I have one and it wont cycle anything but heavy loads. Even win "super speed" ammo won't do it. A good hefty 1-1/8oz load is the minimum to fully cycle this action and that seems like the problem your boss is experiencing, A short stroke.

hope this helps,
    Sawyer

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

How heavy of loads is he shooting? My friend has a 105 and it won't cycle with light to medium loads. Sometimes it would do as you described or it wouldn't kick the hull out at all. But it worked just fine after he started shooting heavier loads through it. Hope this helps, Josh.

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I shot the Rem reps gun a couple years ago and it worked even with 1100 fps 1 oz reloads. That gun had a lot of rounds through it.I expect a long break in is neccasary. Jeff

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The original 105's had all sorts of nagging problems and even had a recall on them I believe.

They had a newer version at the shot show called a 105CTI II. They made some small changes to the gun and all the problems are supposed to be sorted out. Only time will tell.

Remington spent a lot of money on the original and it was a complete dud in the market place because of the issuees and lack of availability.

All Good,

ec90t

5. Hooked

Hooked Member

The original 105 CTi's were known to have cycling problems. Remington quietly took them off the market and they have just released the 105 CTi II which is supposed to have all of the problems engineered out of it. I have read on some of the duck hunting forums that owners of 105 CTi's that wouldn't cycle had their guns bought back by Remington. Maybe your boss can send his back and get his money back, or at the very least, maybe get the new internals retro-fitted to the gun.

The link above is a quick write up on the new CTi.

Brian

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I have a 105 and works well, but have friend who hadhas one and did same problem. He contacted Remington and they had him send it back to be repaired.
    He said they seem to know what theproblem was. Does not have it back yet.

7. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

THE 105CTI IS NOT IN THE 2009 REMINGTON CATALOG. MAY BE A COLLECTORS ITEM IN YEARS TO COME.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 105 cti
remington 105 cti cycling issues
remington 105 cti ii
remington 105 cti problems

remington 105 cti recall