1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Reloading Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BP348, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I just wanted to check with everyone here at TS.com and see what you think of this 1 oz load. Several of the guys at my club shot this load and they all like it.

1 oz 7 1/2 shot
    18 1/2 grains Solo 1000
    Cheddite Primer
    Figure 8 wad
    Win AA Hull

Speaking of reloading I was looking for Win AA hulls on ebay (2500 - 3000) and saw a post for 1500 multi-fired AA hulls. Please correct me if I'm wrong but once you reload a shell and shoot it dosen't the hull loose its value for other people to reload it? Or was this guy just looking to dump his multi-fired hulls on someone who didn't know any better? If so that's a pretty crappy thing to do.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ebay sees more assholes than my proctologist.

Caveat emptor

HM

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If *ssholes could fly, Ebay would be called "O'Hare".

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

The load sounds fine to me, But I would use #8 shot. I like the higher pellet count and 8s will break them from 16 to 27 yds. I don't buy hulls off e-bay.

Jim

5. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

use the claybuster fig.8 knock offs save a few more bucks Jon

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

rico,

i like 1oz. loads and have pretty much swithced to them exclusively. there is more shot in 1oz of 8's, than there is in 1 1/8 of 7 1/2's. that's how i justify it in my mind. i would think that going to 1 oz. of 7 1/2, would be handicapping yourself a little too much for my taste. just my .02.

brett d.

7. BP348

BP348 Active Member

How many shells can I reload with a bag of 7 1/2 shot?

How about with 8 shot?

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

it doesn't matter what size the shot is. the shell is loaded by weight. what weighs more, a 25lb. feather or a 25lb. brick?

1 1/8 = 356 shells per 25lb. bag

1 oz. = 400 shells per 25lb. bag

brett d.

9. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

blzzard, I shoot sporting clays with 1oz loads. I use 1 oz of 7-1/2's for the long shots. If I lead the target like I should 1 oz of 7-1/2's at 1200 fps breaks targets at 50 to 65 yards. In FITASC 1 oz of shot is the most you can use now and FITASC targrets can be at very long ranges. You know the targets are a long way away when it takes the shot a second to get to the target and break it.

10. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

If you look close there were some interesting hulls in that box. All plastic, they may have been some hard to find ones that collectors look for.

I have about 6 differeant kinds. I would have have asked the guy if they were marked. I probably would have bought them if the were anything I had not seen before.

You all take care now, you hear :eek:)

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.