1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Red and White Oak, Fastest Way To Fill...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I just got some wood putty from Home Depot, they had red oak, white oak, and golden oak for colors. It comes in like a toothpaste tube.

I used it on a set of kitchen cabinets I left natural, and just coated with urethane.

If color match is not a consideration, i guess you could get neutral.

HM

2. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I've been using this stuff for years to fill both oak and mahogany. I apply it with a piece of a rubber mud flap. It can be tinted if need be. Available from woodcraft.com.
    <center>[​IMG]</center>
    I've also made my own filler for painted finishes by dumping some talc in shellac and applying it to the wood with a squeegee. It hardens quickly so its not suited to large areas unless they are filled in sections.

3. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

We use fiberglass resin cut 50/50 with acetone, use half the hardner recommended, slows hardening time long enough to get the whole piece covered. Still hardens in a few minutes. Put on two coats, mixing a new batch for the second. Sand smooth and paint away.

DB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.