1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T RCBS APS Strips safer? better?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dan S., Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

At first glance it would seem the APS system for primer feed that RCBS has would be safer than the stacked tubes of primers the others use. I have shot trap for many years and am just getting started in metallic reloading. I am wondering what you think of the APS system in general. Also, I have not seen the aps preloaded primers anywhere so I assume I will be loading my own strips. Is it worth the extra effort? How many here have ever had a tube of primers "lite off"?

2. IM390

IM390 Member

I nor any on my friends have ever had anything "lite off." I've never used the APS system, however, the worse problem I have ever encountered with a stack tube is a stuck primer and a load of powder on my work table. I've learned to be careful and concentrate while loading and have done that by completing one step at a time. RCBS makes some of the best equipment available, but I don't believe their's is any more safe than any one elses.

3. smp005

smp005 Member

Buy a hand primer and prime your brass in advance - I've been doing that for years on calibers from 22 Hornet to 416 Rigby. I have the Hornady hand primer but there are several quality offerings........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.