1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - Question for Windows XP Gurus

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Maybe someone here can answer this. In Windows XP, is it possible to set up the administrator in English and the Users in a different language supported by Win XP? I am working with our church to set up a PC for some refugees from Burundi who speak Swahili (yes, Windows supports Swahili). They are slowly learning English, but we thought it might be nice if they could use the PC in their own language until they are more proficient in English.

If you want to, reply to me at the email above - delete the Xs.

Gene Batchelar
  2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mar 14, 2006

I think all you need to do is create a separate "user" id for him/them and then access (log on) the system with that user id. Then go to Control Panel\Regional and Language Options and set the system up for his language and regional preferences, like date and currency formats. Be Careful NOT to check the box about setting the default profile to this language as well. I would also not give anyone an adminitrator level account. A limited account should be enough for most everything he would have to do as far as web and email. The keyboard layouts might also be different than the standard us 101 keyboard. See the link above for info.

I'm not sure if it will work in all versions of XP either. I hope this helps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.