1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - Question about cable TV

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I currently have Comcast /Xfinity service. We have a large area (30'x 15') that is all one room, but can be divided. We have 1 TV hooked to cable at one end of the room.

Question: Is there a way to have another TV at the other end of the room and NOT have to run the physical cable to the other end of the room? I am wondering if there is a wireless option out there that works. I have seen a product from X10 advertised but no reports on reliablity etc.

Any suggestions / ideas / etc.?

Thanks ahead of time.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. sixten38

sixten38 Member

Allows wifi of hd video stream, best buy sells the product for $229. May work for you.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

While a wireless link may be good some of the time a hard wired link will be good ALL of the time.

Eric

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If the room is only 15 inches wide why do you need a second TV??? LOL. OK OK Yes you need to run a cable!!! It can be run under the carpet if need be, and run up and down the walls behind some furniture, or fished inside the walls from a goof box (TV location) down to behind the baseboard. I've also pulled the baseboard and run the cable under the base if the floor has regular tile on it. I've also run the cable under marble floors (before its laid). Its easier to go across the ceiling in most homes, and chase the line down the inside of the walls. Theres more than one way to skin a cat!!!! Sorry Tron I didn't mean yours. Hehehehe. Good Luck and hope this helps you out. break em all Jeff

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

LOL. I corrected the typo to read 30' x 15'.
    Honestly, I agree with you about running a cable and I would if I could.
    I am looking for an easier way to accomplish my goal.
    Thx.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

How much does that Actiontech unit cost? HMB

7. sixten38

sixten38 Member

$229, I looked at it for putting a TV out on the back porch, seemed cheaper way to go than figuring out a way to get a cable out there through a brick wall. Never got around to it,going to wait til next spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.