1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Pontiac G8 Comments

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by fssberson, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

May buy a G8. Any comments about them? Fred

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

you going hi tech and FAST. You'll bet to the gun club i about 30 seconds---IF you don't get a ticket. motordoc

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

My second childhood. Had a new 1965 GTO as a kid and could lay down rubber on the freeway going 65 mph. Buying a new car is such a 'pain in the a--'... just getting them to tell you what the car is really costing is so much work. I got tired this morning and just walked out after going around and around with the figures. I want to buy, but can't get real figures. They don't want to reveal what the "Red Tag" cost of the car is today. Fred

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

fssberson: right on, It's like dealing with a corner drug dealer everytime I walk into a dealership. They are sleezbags.

5. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Fred; I've noticed from previous posts that you live in SoCal. Drive north a few hours and check out Sturgeon and Beck GM in Tulare. When I bought my pickup from them, I checked around for prices, and told them what I would spend. "No problem...we can have your truck ready tomorrow". Great people. No run around.They have been there since the late 1920's. Check them out if you go to the state shoot at Kingsburg. Tulare is not that far.

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

They also had a nice '66 Goat on display in the show room when I was there last month. Sweet!

7. hanginghog

hanginghog TS Member

fsberson,

Have you tried Rydell Automotive? If you live in Southern California, they are the best when it comes to GM products. They clearly mark the prices on all cars and dont play that haggle price game either. You liek the price and you buy, or you dont and walk. No high pressure salesmnen either. Check out their website also!

Brandon

8. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Drove the G8GT. WOW! My wife had the 2006 Bonneville with the Northstar V-8 and it drove fantastic, but this car is IMHO quicker than the 2005 GTO. No haggle price as equipped was $27,000.00 flat even. All leather, Onstar, and premium XM radio, lots of other stuff.

9. WGB

WGB Member

It's called a Holden Commodore in Australia where its imported from. It takes over for the slow selling discontinued GTO and Bonneville. I think it would be fun if you got the GT V8 version, otherwise it comes with the same V6 as lots of other Chevy's. Rear wheel drive would makes it handle better than all the FWD cars out there, that's a plus.

10. jimx200

jimx200 Member

You might be served well my goning online to www.edmunds.com and haveing as many dealers as you like quote you a price...all done by the internet person at the dealer...I have seen some outstanding deals done this way. Good luck, sounds like one beautiful car.

11. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Rydell I know from Chevy. Did not know for Pontiac. I very well may go up north to Bakersfield and beyond. The local dealership called yesterday and I told them that "I would not buy a car from them because of their "closer", but would look around at other dealerships." They tried to re-engage me so I simply asked how much the car costs with Red Tag program. They still were playing me... they didn't know unless I would come in and the incentives came off during the first of the year. They just don't get it!! Red Tag sale goes until Jan. 5 and I will not buy a vehicle with a "secret" price. Fred

12. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

For about $20, consumer reports will fax you a spec sheet telling you exactly what the dealer paid for the car you want complete with all of his special incentives and hold backs (i.e. kickbacks) Take this with you when you shop. Factor maybe 3-6% over that for an average demand car and be prepared to walk. they will lie, question the accuracy of the report, tell you it;'s wrong etc but if you stick to your guns and are willing to go to another dealer, you will prevail. I've done it more than 5 times and it has worked each and every time including once on a Subaru STi. It has saved me thousands and it really pisses off the dealers.

13. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

OMGB- very good idea and easy to do. Should it be so hard to buy a car? Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.