1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T PIT BULLS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LABS4U0, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

Last evening I was at the lake working my black lab on double retrieves. It was getting dark and out of nowhere comes this white Pit Bull with a leash and harness on. Instantly this Pit Bull locks onto my Labs front leg and the fight was on, luckily I was able to pull the Pit Bull off my dog and hold it down till the thugs that claimed this violent beast took him away. After all this, I notified the park ranger and he said it was as much my fault as the pit bull owners because neither dog was on a leash. Something needs to be done to outlaw these kind of dogs. Any input on who I may contact on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thx, Darren

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

You might try Michael Vick.

3. mobear

mobear Member

Pitt Bulls arent the problem, its the morons that own them!

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Pit bulls are dangerous. My neighbor keeps one on a chain in his back yard. The chain is about 25' long and the dog has broken loose at least three times. Once, it was on my back porch when I opened the door. Another time, it greeted my daughter when she came home from a date. I reported the dog to Animal Control each time it got loose but they are so understaffed, they did nothing.

I talked to the neighbors about it. They said that they planned to remove it now that they have children. That was two years ago. I have tried to be friendly with the dog but he never wags his tale. He just sets there, watching.

Every few months or so, you read about a child getting mauled by a pit bull.

Our city has tried to pass an ordinance to regulate these types of dogs but pit bulls seem to have a lot of supporters. The ordinance finally passed, after much debate, but is next to useless. Even if a strong ordinance is passed, I doubt that it would be enforced.

I don’t plan to hurt the dog so long as he stays away. If I ever find him in my yard and he threatens any member of my family, I will do more than call the dog warden.

5. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

All Pit Bulls should be outlawed.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

ALL GUN SHOULD BE OUTLAWED

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

If you look at the "vicious, unprovoked" attacks, Pits, Rottweilers and Chow Chow lead the list. Any dog can be TAUGHT to be vicious, but unprovoked causes the most concern as well as the severity of the wounds. Recently on the bite list was Labradors, but I would guess, that was from there sheer numbers.

One way to curtail is making each dog owner carry a $1 Million dollar liability policy. If no policy, no dog. If you live in a city, you would have to bring proof of coverage to get your license renewal. Just an idea.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dogs do and will attack, pit bulls will get more coverage. Danger in pittbulls is their lock jaw design. All in all a dog is a reflection of its training/handling. #$$holes raise #$%hole dog. Samr goes for bad kids, bad parent is not far behind.

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The problem is that in the white trash sub-culture, a mean dog is a status symbol. I'm sorry for being so frank, but it's the truth. Where I work, we are surounded by mullet headed low life morons and one of their major goals in life is to own a mean dog. They make it mean and the Pit bull is the dog of choice.

Tron.

10. uawelder

uawelder TS Member

This breed is the poster child for forced extintion. A neighbor had one, it
    used to get loose and come into to my yard growling at my kids. I went over and asked that they keep their dog chained up, they laughed said & that dog would never hurt anyone. Next time when it snapped its teeth at my little girl,
    the dog got a 185 gr jhp in it's tiny brain courtesy of my 1911. They tried to press charges, now it was the police officers turn to laugh at them. Best policy with that breed is to shoot first if its in your yard, never give the dog a chance to attack you or your family. If you dont beleive ask the 6 year old girl from bollingbrook, IL that got her hand bit off by the neighbors "friendly" pitt bull. No it is not the owners it is the breed if you
    believe otherwise than you are just as stupid as the breed and deserve what ever happens. Just remember they always attack the innocent is that something
    that you can live with the rest of your life. What if it was your little girls
    hand? You would not be so quick in their defence.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

All dogs are dangerous, they have their own minds. Growing up i remember most of the "mean dogs" where collies and german shepards. Then came pitbulls as the new cool pet, stoped hearing about the shepard/doberman/collie attacks. In the early 80s there was a large amount of dog attacks in our area, by late 80s there where leash laws. Seems to me once a dog is out of his teritory the fight or flight syndrom will take over. Kids are more in danger than adu;ts. dog is not affraid of a non agressive child. My father always told me never turn your back on a dog. Ive only one confrontation with a neighbors dog, Told the neighbor next time you will hear bang instead of ringing of your phone. As far as i know most laws will protect you if you shoot a dog on your property that is agressive to you your family or live stock. You may get charged with discharge of a weapon. Here in massachusetts we are having a bit of a problem with coyote. They did not fear us I do think its a matter of time before the larger pacs take down a human. The neighbor has now put up a secure fence and pen for the dog. The dog is not that bad. He is well behaved and friendly ON HIS TURFF. When he gets loose he is a bit more unpredictable. hes a growler and a sniper.

12. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Some Pit Bulls (aka Staffordshire Terrier) go through life without harming any one. The problem is that all of them have the potential for unprovoked attack, and they don't have to be threatened to make them attack. There are many, many instances of them attacking and sometimes killing small children. They've been banned in many towns.

None of this is news, and anyone who owns a Pitt Bull is an idiot.

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Anyone that owns a gun is an idiot

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

german police and dobermans along with rottweilers too!

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

this is a good website to read a bit about dogs and attacks.

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

and another.

17. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

I have 20 of them. I use them for DOG FIGHTS. They are "fight to the death KILLERS"....of course I let them play with my 3 year old...wanna buy one ?????????????????????????? DUH ? NO they're great bird dogs.

18. bkms

bkms Member

Tron hits the nail on the head but he could of added white trash/dopeheads..

19. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

KILL evryone of the rotten breed!

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Better check with your Insurance agent. Many (most) Insurance companies will not write your Homeowners Ins. if your own certain breeds, pit bulls lead the list. Some companies will cancel your policy if you own one of the vicous breeds, they have a list. Dog bites lead the list of Liability claims. Proceed with caution.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.