1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Pit Bulls attack again

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tj303, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

http://www.kirotv.com/news/13943140/detail.html
    I know...it isn't the pit bulls fault...it was the victims fault for having a pet door.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I already posted the story on the other thread. THAT is absolutely amazing!!

But....here it is again.

Associated Press

August 22, 2007 at 2:21 AM EDT

GIG HARBOR, WASH. — A sheriff's spokesman in Washington state says two pit bull terriers broke into a house through a pet door and attacked a woman in her bed, mauling her badly.

Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer says the woman was able to grab a gun and try to shoot the dogs, then break away from the attack and lock herself in her car, where she called police.

The woman, who was not immediately identified, was taken to a hospital in Tacoma, where she is listed in serious condition.

Mr. Troyer says the pit bulls also killed a neighbour's Jack Russell terrier, which entered the house during the attack.

Firefighters responded first, locking the dogs in the house, treating the woman and calling for an ambulance.

Mr. Troyer says officers had to pepper spray and fight the dogs until they were detained.

“We almost had to shoot them on site,” Mr. Troyer said.

The dogs were taken to a Humane Society and will probably be destroyed, he said.

It was not immediately known why the dogs entered the house, whether the woman had dogs of her own or what set off the attack.

3. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Tron,

Give it up man... Why do you insist on picking on pit bulls? Don't you realize that this is only perception, and just a very small percentage of them have violent tendencies?

That lady had no right to a pet door... She "asked for it" because she didn't secure that entry, and it very well could have been a wild animal instead of the dogs that got her. On top of that, Jack Russell terriers are known to be very aggravating, and aggressive, so it's highly likely he threw the first blow. Thats not to mention, statistics clearly show the JRussell, is far more prone to attack than pit bulls.... I forgot, that little dog was likely violating some leash law, yet another reason he should have been mauled...

Get a grip... My cousins, neighbors, uncles, pastor has a pb that is nothing but a big teddy bear... And he clearly sets the standard for the breed...

Go dig up some further propaganda.....

LWL
    PS...Please don't make me re-post to explain I am being sarcastic (Sorry Charles Schmidt, I had to do it)

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Tron is just posting an article to support his opinion. You give it up.

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yeah, what Duckman said. You act like a human Pit Bull with your personal attacks on me. You have bad distemper.

Tron.

6. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

Someone should neuter this thread...

7. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"Don't you realize that this is only perception, and just a very small percentage of them have violent tendencies?"

Kinda' like Muslims. They're really sweet and gentle, except for the ones which aren't.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They were just neglected as puppies......................

HM

9. jester-the-molester

Does anyone recall the woman from France who had the face transplant a couple of years ago?

Better question: Does anyone know how her face became disfigured?

Answer: By her pet dog

Even better question: Does anyone know the breed of her pet face-mauling dog?????

10. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Jnoemanh

That was funny!

11. jester-the-molester

ANSWER: Isabelle Dinoire was severely disfigured in May 2005 by her pet Labrador

12. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

"It's the woman's fault for having a pet door." With statments like that, why worry about pit bulls. I guess if you are at a store and it is robbed, and you get shot, it your fault for being there. Please visit your local shrink, and tell them your statment.

Bubby

13. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

We should live in the WILD WEST.....all carry guns at our sides and SHOOT the frickin' varmits on site ! At least once a month there is bad publicity about these poor misunderstood PIT/BULLS...Defend them if you want..you're a minority.

14. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Simple answer .

Make the owner of the animal responsible.

Manslaughter if the dog kills.

Murder if dog is acting on command.

Just like the owner did the actual act.

Be it assault or what ever.

This is for all animals (pets) not just Pit Bulls.

Rock

Jim

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Jim, glad someone has the voice of reason here. It's the owner who is responsible.<br>
    <br>
    If you want to own a pitbull, fine. But if your pitbull mauls or kills someone, then you will be charged with assault or manslaughter.

16. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Bubby... Bubby... Bubby.... You can't be serious... If I have to explain to you that my post was mocking the crowd in here that insists pb's are wonderful... You may need more help than a shrink... Sheeeeeeesh... Next time I will try to draw it in pictures... Maybe you are Bubby Brister, and the problem is too many concussions??? If you are, could I get your autograph??? I was a fan of yours... I liked you way better than either of the Vick boys...

FlaLagarto... Be careful about walking down the odds path.... This is the second story in like what... 3 days... Odds don't look so long anymore.... Maybe better than the coconut to the head theory we were discussing earlier...

Tron... I got nothing but respect and admiration for you man...

LWL

17. William681

William681 Member

Three pit bull terriers attacked their owner, inside a Frankford home Wednesday night.
    69-Year-Old Margaret Grace is hospitalized in critical but stable condition, after having surgeries to repair injuries to her face, ear, arm, and leg.
    Philadelphia Police say Grace was mauled by the three dogs in the living room of her home in the 5400 block of Montague Street.
    Grace lives in the home with her daughter and adult grandson. All three had ownership of the dogs.
    Right now, it's still unclear what provoked the attack. The victim's daughter says the dogs did not show any signs of aggression, but neighbors tell Action News they were frightened by the two adult dogs, and one puppy.
    "I asked her (Grace), ain't you afraid of these dogs? And she said 'Yes, they're getting kind of mean'," said Dorothy, who didn't want her last name used.
    Officers with the Philadelphia Animal Care Control Association took the dogs into custody shortly after the attack.
    Police say they normally see cases where dogs have gotten free and attacked strangers, not their owners. "Here it's unusual, because they're inside the residence, and they are the owner of the dogs, so we're going to conduct an investigation as to what happened here." Said Police Captain Frank Bachmayer.

Right now, the fate of the three dogs is unclear.

Think I know how I'd take care of them.
    Question is 7-1/2's or 8's and proper POI.
    Bill

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Don't shoot the head, rabies test needs brain matter.

My kid got attacked by a dog, and I killed it. Luckily there was no rabies.

HM

19. bill1269

bill1269 TS Member

My neighbor's have pit's,after they have attacked my two 150# french mastiffs not once but twice,and have attacked my moving truck tire's repeatedly they are scheduled to have a run in with my 220 swift at my ealiest convenience.I have four kids and there are alot of other kids close by not sitting and waiting for them to get ahold of my kids.Those animals have no place on this earth and before anyone flame's me for saying that.I would do the same thing to any dog(including my own) that acts like that.
    Bill

20. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

This thread needs a photo of a typical PB owner to make the subject less impersonal.

Tron? Please.

Mr. Larson, I caught your sarcasm, but the responses that followed provided excellent entertainment! Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.