1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Painters Tape/ Bleeding Through Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oletymer, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oletymer

oletymer Member

Why don't you paint first then add the hardware pieces? Seems that would be a simple solution, that's what I would do.

2. DS-AA

DS-AA Member

Brush a coat of clear lacquer on the tape edge that you don't want to bleed. Let dry then paint. Perfect edges every time. Or use 3M Fineline tape from the auto paint store. It comes in a variety of widths.

3. remtrap

remtrap Member

There is a tape made by Gorilla Glue, painters grade, just talked to the rep last week at my store. He claims he has tested against the best and does not bleed. Tom F.

4. richrob

richrob TS Member

Put the tape on, pait over it in orange. The orange will bleed through and seal the tape, then after its dry, paint the black, you should see much better results. I use this method painting bean bag boxes. -Rich

5. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

I'm curious about the clocks. Could you share some details?

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

If what you are saying is that the pain is bleeding under the edge, put the tape down and put little bit of spackle on your finger and run it along the edge and then wipe off excess. dries fast! painters do this on heavy textured walls to run a straight edge.

Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.