1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T--Paint question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by snapthecat, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

I have a tonneau cover for my pickup. I use it to haul strawberries in May. It is black in color and draws a lot of heat which is not good for the berries. Does anyone know of a white paint flexible enough to stay on the material for at least a month? Thanks

2. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

if you're not that picky ...try a reflective mobile home roof coating (white or aluminum)

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Go to an Auto Paint Supply Store! Use the flexible paint that they use for the soft bumpers and seats. You may nee a few cans to do a whole tonneau cover, but it will be permanent.

4. BMC

BMC Member

The best thing for that situation would be to find someone in your area that does vinyl decals. They can sell you a roll of white vinyl or you can have them "wrap" the tonneau. Either way it will serve the purpose you want and be easily removed later.

5. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Go to your local Sherwin Williams Store and ask for a product called Procryl to prime the cover and then topcoat with Shercryl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.