1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Pacman Game

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

If you reload I would put them to work ...

Seriously ... little kids love mechanical things and there aint nothin more mechanical than a reloader with the knobs and the levers and handles and such ... yep put em to work and let em have some fun.

Well it was just an idea ...

2. rohitdean

rohitdean TS Member

Jim,
    There is a PC version of the Game. It is in a combo pack which has other Arcade classics like Sinistar, Paratrooper, Dig-Dug etc. Make sure you buy one compatible with a joystick and your grandkids will be able to play it on the PC just like they would on a TV screen. You will have to make a trip to the Radioshack to buy a $5.00-$10.00 joystick if you don't already have one.

Thanks
    Rohit

3. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

Places like Walmart sell a joystick that plugs directly into your TV/VCR and has various video games included. Seems like Pacman was one of them.

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Depending on how much you like the game, there are major game vendors that have the arcade games in their inventory, and I don't think they are terribly expensive (that is a relative thing however). I have the computer version that came with several other classic games, but have never found the responsiveness of the joy stick to be as good as the stand alone game.

If I had it to do over, I would find a combo game that has Galaga I believe it was called on the box as well.

The games kids today want are the advanced 3D graphics and kill em all games, so simply games like Pacman are not poopular any longer. I am an oldie but goodie, and my wife bought me a cocktail table version of Ms. Pacman several years ago. It opens from the side to expose a rather old fashion mother board, and with the help of the manual, there are dip switches I set to give me free play, and 5 lives instead of 3. I still play the thing, even though my kids are grown and out of the house. Some of my fondest memories are all of us in a heated tourneyment, seeing who could run the scores up the highest. My oldest son got to a couple of levels I have not acheived yet, but I still love playing it.

5. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Jim,
    As one poster stated above, you can buy the joystick that already has numerous games included inside the joystick. All you do is plug the joystick into your TV, select which game you want to play on the screen and then enjoy.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pong, anyone?

HM

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

I still think the reloading idea is the best ...

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Found this one, Mash and play.

HM

9. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jim im sure you got it by now but I liked the regular and the MS. Pacman also I know the grand kids will too.

fog

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Search eBay for an Atari 2600 console and Pacman cartridge, or other pacman/Atari solution. You can usually find these things at yard sales and flea markets also. Sometimes they might even work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.