1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Override - Maybe Some Good News

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smokerz, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

I'd like to think the override indicated that the Congress is growing some backbone, but I doubt it. The water bill just has too much pork for too many states to let the veto stand.

2. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Nobody's going to vote against their own pork.

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

YAWWWWWWNNNNNNN..............Time for the evening "Troll" I see..............

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I saw the override also it must be a bunch of pork and also a lot of necessary projects that are in the water bill to get such a big override. There were only 12 that didn't vote for the override and two of them were Dems. They must have not been happy with the bill to begin with. The amount of Repubs on the vote makes me wonder why Bush wanted to veto it. The way we spend money overseas you would think anything that is wanted in America would be ok. Dan

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

The Congress did override the President's veto but only to approve the water projects. They DID NOT fund the projects. The funding battle will come later. So anotherwords...situation normal, all ******-**! (snafu).

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

7-1/2's or 8's?

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.