1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Our money and govt at work. Tracking jaguars.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I just received this and couldn't belive it. Can you?

Jan Brewer's Official PAC

Friends,

Today, I learned that the Department of Homeland Security is spending $771,000 to put up cameras in our desert to track...jaguars! The study will evaluate what impact that the U.S.-Mexican border fence, illegal aliens, and vehicles and equipment used to pursue illegal aliens have had on the jaguar population. You can click here to view the article.

This is simply outrageous!

We need to secure our borders and that's one reason why Jan PAC was formed.

I need your help in my battle to secure the border and fight an out of control federal government.

Please join me in my fight and make a donation of $5, $10, $25 or more to Jan PAC today. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Bet they can track more than just cats....

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The cats are just a logical excuse. What do they really want to track??? Bulge.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Just as long as you are not tracking Nittany Lions - especially the kittens.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge, they want to track old retired guys trying to sneak in to Mexico in vetttes!

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I better watch out. Maybe I can glue some fins on the Vette and they will think it's a 59 Cadillac. Bulge.

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Nah, next they will report the cameras and tracking devices are harming the jag population so we will need to remove them, after all their well being is much more important than slowing down the brown tide.

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Simple math !!

Any thing that effects "endangered species" has "unlimited" resources when it comes to government intervention or NEW regulations.

That's the biggest reason to "gut" the ESA pun intended!!

Could be a good thing, if it came to, NO MORE ILLEGAL'S because they are causing damage to an endangered cat!!

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I hadn't thought about that but it is probably the end of any border fence in our lfetimes. By the time the environmentalists complete their "environmental impact study", the US will no longer have the where-with-all or the will to build it.

10. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Just reading artcle in National Geographic this morning about tigers in India. The artcle stated that some of the funding to pay wages and such for patrol/ protection units comes from US Government. The author didn't put a dollar amount on how much is being paid to help protect and study tigers in India, Thailand and other areas that still have wild tigers but I'm sure we are footing the biggest chunk of that bill, too.

11. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

be careful what you wish for....yeah, this DHS jaquar program is hogwash, other programs deemed conservation in nature will be on the chopping block next....programs like fisheries and wildlife programs that hunters and fishermen rely on.

it's just like the guys who own those fancy double barrel shotguns who think semi-auto military style rifles have no place in the hands of civilians and support efforts to ban them...next thing you know, those double barreled fancy shotguns are outlawed as well.

12. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Sernv99, So what's the problem? You don't like sxs or just the people that own them? Or are you just a racist who does not like sxs owners? Out of your price range? Regards, Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.