1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Old TV Show Help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hawk46, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Sometime back I was describing a mid-50's TV show to my brother and I couldn't remember the name of the show. It was a weekly detective thriller. I can only recall that the guy wore a trench coat, the theme song was Rhapsody In Blue, and he finished each show by saying "Good night Mabel" as he left his office. Let's see which of you "young-timers" can get me the answer first. How I long for the return of boxing on the Gillette Cavalcade of Sports on Saturday nights! Real fighters, only one of which held the title in his weight class at any given time. I don't even watch the stuff anymore - who cares?

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

It wasn't the first Mike Hammer series was it with Darrin McGavin? Before Stacy Keach.

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

ROCKY KING Great girl that Mabel !!! Jeff

4. geeber

geeber Member

How about the old Carling Black Label beer commercials back in the Ohio Valley in the 50s? It was on the boxing show too.
    Mabel....Black Label. Gary B.

5. neofight

neofight TS Member

Sheeeesh, i grew up in the '50's and have no recollection of that one. I do remember Sky King and Space Patrol.Late night had me glued to the screen, watching Vampira as host of the horror movies. She was hot!

6. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Trophy to Jeff with thanks to Rick! I was 8 in 1964 so I'm not surprised that I don't recall the details or the name of the show. I only thought he was cool with his hat and trench coat, remember the Mabel thing, and I thought that Rhapsody in Blue was the most beautiful song I'd ever heard (I still love the song to this day). Funny how seemingly unimportant things stay with you from childhood. I think I've forgotten most of the important stuff. Thanks guys! Dave

7. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Remember that one Gary! Black Label was big in Ohio back then and a big sponsor of the Indians. Tried it when I grew up, tasted pretty skinky to me. And there will never be another Roy Rogers - my all time hero. I was packin' six shooters from age three, got my Daisy at age nine. Lots of birds met their demise at the hands of Li'l Roy!

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the Captain Video series or the "banana man" that used to be on Ed Sullivan's Toast of the Town on Sundays evenings?

9. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Check out this link for commercial free, old tv movie streaming!!

http://www.whitesprings.tv/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.