1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Ok how many used to do Burn Out's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok since we had a thread about all of the old full service stations on here then I wondered how many back then used to do Burn Out's or even drag race on the country road's around.

Well thought you might enjoy some from around the world so just hit the play button 2 times and see even got one from Iraq I figured they would be riding a camel's instead.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/videos/autos/Burnout_International.flv"></embed>

Foggy

2. Stetson 33

Stetson 33 TS Member

I use to have a 1971 Firebird formula 400 high performance.It use to get
    4 gear rubber and run about 150 on spedo on topend.I look back
    and thank God Iam still alive with the stupid things I did with that car.
    Boy what a ride!I wish I still had it!

Stetson

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I still do, on occaison.
    I have a six-speed Y-body that will light up the 285/40-17's easily....and does.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I had a CA built C/MP that held a record in the 60's. Wished I'd kept the motors.

WW

5. turbobike

turbobike Member

Still do! 753rear wheel Horse Twin Turbo 355ci Chevy

< img src="http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/turbogpz/100_4316.jpg">< /IMG >

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I had a girl friend that was an acid burnout. Used to do her all the time. She got telephone calls without a phone. those were the days.

HM

7. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Still do, 07 mustang GT.

Tom R.

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

So turbobike it look's like you got a car full of motor above by the way you should had copy and pasted the Direct link instead of the IMG Code link into the Image URL box on your post.

It looked like you was going pretty fast but wasn't getting no where in the video below.

Ok I might not be you but just figured.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i68.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/turbogpz/100_2529.flv"></embed>

L.O.L.

Half Mile I think your old girl friend would make a good match with my 2nd cousin's ex husband because it rained for about a week every day and he got a calling to build an ARK out of his almost new single wide mobile home he tore out all of the wall's to make it 1 big room and started to water proof it well that was about the time his wife decided to leave the ship and head to a more normal enviroment.

Fog

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Halfmile said!

10. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/onholdguy/?action=view&current=39-c.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

yea still do sometimes motordoc

11. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

only place i do burnouts is in my underwear lol lol lol

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

half a million dollars. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, 500 horsepower. they sold 9 of these beasties. Not legal for street use. I guess the owners can go over and play on the Autobahn.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7MedT2TDRM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7MedT2TDRM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

HM

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Eon's ago I had an old Ford with a 390 in it and liked to get in the middle of a big parking lot and pour bleach over the tire's and then light them up, and yeah the police didn't like it. Later on I had a TransAm that I built for street drags, also had a 5.0 Mustang that was pretty quick for a street car. About that time I acquired a Maverick Grabber and found a 460 for it. It would do some pretty awsome burnouts but was fairly quick turning 6.2 second 1/8 mile runs on gas. Those were the days!!! My f150 has a super chip in it and tops out at 130 and is the fastest thing I have now. The bad part is I love it as much as I ever did. Jackie B.

14. T/C

T/C TS Member

Drop a Boss 302 motor from a 69 Boss Mustang, into a 66 Ranchero, Falcon body. Spend all your money on the motor and trans having none left for good fat tires or a good ratio rear. Light up those skinny rear stock Ranchero tires, with a non posi rear. That sucker would lay rubber for 1/2 mile. Put a 1/2 cube of bricks in the bed, it'll still lay rubber for a 1/4 mile. Then the driveshaft broke, then the rear broke, then the motor mounts broke, then the frame twisted, then I wus really broke. Wish I had it back to do it right.

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

T/C, I sold a 69 Ranchero Gt last year for $700.00 and the dude drove it home. My wife was getting upset with my vehicles sitting around so I cleared them out. Wished I had kept some of them now. You can only shoot and fish just so much. Jackie B.

Actually when I think back on some of the things I did, it's amazing that I am still alive.

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    '69 Torino Cobra with a 428 Cobra Jet. It was a tire shredder. Had rubber bits all over the quarter panels and a thick layer of shredded rubber in the rear wheel wells. It was a daily driver, and I drag raced it on Wed nights and Saturdays. Got a whopping 6 mpg. It was a bit much to put on the street, but hey, performance is all that counts, right? It would burn rubber in any gear any time I wanted.

The car has been in a barn since '89. Need to bring it home one of these days and get it on the track again.

17. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Here's one of my burn our machines when I was 21. 72 vette pumping 425HP. Posi rear and center mounted traction bar. Could do 12 sec 1/4 mile. Used to go to the local park, pour bleach on the tires and smoke the wheels. Could go through a set of 50's in a season. Watch out for the pipes I would tell all the girls. They'd burn their legs anyhow. Would blow out exhaust manifold gaskets with a bang when I dropped it into third and punched it. Always carried extra sets of gaskets. Fast fast vette, could bury the needle at 160mph. Ran so hot, it used to cook my feet. Stopped spinning the wheels after all the lugs broke and I lost a back wheel.

18. turbobike

turbobike Member

foghorn220, Thanx forgot about that video...461rear wheel horse, been 7.94et at 186mph in 1/4 mile, no wheelie bar.

19. emm2

emm2 Member

I prefer pulling wheelies on my crotch rocket at 80 mph. One heck of a rush.

20. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

don't laugh i had a 73 vega with a 350horse 327, 350 turbohydromatic,narrowed camaro rear end.i street raced all the time. like some of the others i am lucky to be here. i had so many close calls it scares me when i think about now. jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.