1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Oil Changes at Wal-Mart Auto Centers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bforte, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bforte

Bforte TS Member

Walmart has such a bad reputation that the Manager and Ass't Manager
    brought their cars to the Ford Quick Lane. I used to be the manager
    of a Quick Lane. The horror stories I could tell you. Walmart would send
    all of their screw-ups to us to fix. If you have a Ford Quick Lane in your
    area, try them. They check everything and top off all of you fluids
    at no charge with an Oil Change.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

One of the scariest places on earth....Walmart at 1:00 AM on a Saturday morning (Friday night).....creepy people!

Curt

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Actually, they're kind of "interesting" at all hours of the day and night. At least the one on the east side of town is.

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

I have serious doubts about the validity of this story. Notice that the poster didn't identify the Wal-Mart store in question so the "facts" could be verified. Additionally, it just doesn't pass the reasonable person test unless one is a confirmed Wal-Mart hater. Sounds like typical union inspired anti WM propoganda to me.

I've been utilizing my local Wal-Mart for oil changes for many years with nary a problem and have never had a oil change done with less than 3,000 miles since the last one.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The services at the Sam's Club (Auto Center) not far from my house exceeds any dealers I have ever dealt with and at a much more reasonable price ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Highlander96

Highlander96 TS Member

I don't doubt Mr. Shaeffer at all.

I still take my truck to the dealer as they still only charge $21.95 for a oil change on my 6.0L.

Regrds,

Tim

7. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Sounds like a problem with the manager. Did you try speaking with the store manager?

I normally go 5k on my pick up and never have a problem at wal-mart getting the oil changed. That being said I will admit that I take my Maxima to the oqick lube at the dealer to change the oil. it's about $8 more and twice the drive.

8. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO...GOOD REASON TO TAKE TO A DEALER

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Mao-Mart doesn't get tp lay a finger on any of my vehicles....pal of mine who is a senior tech at a local Ford store tells of a woman who was driving an almost new Explorer and had gotten a Walmart oil change at a Calgary (Alberta) store and had driven home to Lethbridge (120 miles) and came in complaining that her oil pressure light had come on. Long story short, Walmart had not tightened the drain plug and the vehicle was out of oil. Engine was toast and the woman was going to have to go after Walmart for redress....don't know what the end result was.

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I seriously doubt that Dave is making this up. I know the Wal-Mart in question and wouldn't go to buy toothpaste there. Some Wal-Marts have decent service centers and some are horrible. Dave found a bad one on a bad day. I have a few places that I would trust to change my oil and there are at least two or three Wal-Marts on that list. There are a few Wal-Marts I won't go near. Dave found one of them. It's all about the personnel and management. I usually change my own anyway, since I can get a look at other things while I'm at it. It actually takes less time than driving somewhere and having it done. I also have control over what oil I put in it too! I'm sure there are a lot of horror stories about ALL types of auto repair facilities, even the "Ford" stores.

11. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

WalMart has always been a mystery to me. No matter which one I go in, no matter what State it's in, all of the employees and most of the shoppers are from West Virginia. Two tooth inbreds.

12. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Painful story for me. Going to the 99 Grand, took truck to Rapid Lube for tranny filter and change fluids. My bad: got to Colby KS. when the tranny locked up. Towed to Ford garage on friday, stayed in motel until next thursday for new tranny install. Got to Grand for friday and saturday only, had signed up for the whole week. Cost:$3,000.00 and Rapid Lube would not do a thing and my Grand trip was ruined.
    ftlupton

13. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Wally knocked down my Sable for a broken oil filler cap. I went to another oil outfit and they changed the oil, filter and filler cap, said they had an extra one for that engine. Lakewood, Ny. No biggie, if that`s the worst that happened to me that day.... At least I didn`t go to the one in the Great White North....

14. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

A true WalMart Super Center story...

I seldom go to there, but one night I couldn't sleep (around 3 am) so I decided to go and do some "basics" shopping without the "crowd". Well I ended up in an area that had been set up for clearance items. As I stood there, a guy (he fit the "profile") approached me and told me to give him my Rolex. I told him to go f@@k himself. He asked again and I replied the same. Next he reaches out and tries to grab my arm to which I threw the 2" chrome trailer ball I was holding right into his face.....direct hit, full force (I kept my head down, two eyes open, and focused on the target....lol). Anyway, he takes off howling and bleeding.

I go looking for the store manager to report what happened. I find him after a considerable search, relay my experience to which he replied....."Things like that happen in here all the time late at night. There's not much we can do since the store is so big and we can't watch everything". He didn't offer to call the police, take a description, or look at their security cameras, not even an apology....nothing. I was so shocked that I just shook my head and walked away leaving my cart behind.

No more trips to WalMarts here in the Palm Beach County area for me.

Jim C

15. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

Jim,

Which wally mart in PBC did you go to? The one on SR7 or the one on Belvedere?

16. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Belvedere.....I live in Wellington? You?

17. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

Royal Palm.

If you live in Wellington, you should try the one on SR 7. Its a bit less crazy, but not by much.

You shoot at Markham?

18. Joe G. NJ

Joe G. NJ TS Member

Lugnutz,

Great video, I love when they catch those bastards on tape. The "area manager" that was denying who he was was funny. What kind of man could he be?

Thanks, Joe G.

19. oilburner

oilburner TS Member

Jim C, You smoked your target. Nothing like a little bit of hillbilly justice. That had to feel as good as running 100.

20. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Cry...

I don't shoot at Markham much. I did when I lived in FtL...in fact I was the club's Treasurer for 3 years.

In fact, I have not shot a registered target since May 2006...right after I traded my Seitz on a new K80 Trap Spec Combo. Love the new gun & shoot it well, but no time.

You shoot there? Great people...I have known many of them for close to 20 years.

Oil...

The biggest shock was that the guy was about half my size. He never saw what was coming when I threw it at him. I wanted to inflict some real damage but he took off....

Jim C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.