1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by charlevillecat, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlevillecat

charlevillecat TS Member

Its great to see this thread.I live in Nova Scotia and Duck Tooling is a way of life for some Hunters myself included.This little dog is the best Kept secret out there regarding dogs,I have tried them all(Labs,Golden retrivers and have had the Nova Scotia Tooler,the NS Tooler will out work,out play,out satisfy,out obey all of them put together and is a great Family and love able dog,if they do have a drawback and everything does its that in Super Cold weather there not as Hardy as the others but hey I would'nt trade this minus for all its pluses,get one you will never regret it,and oh by the way I told sell them.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Tron, You are correct. The dogs were 1st brought to Nova Scotia by Bill Clinton's ancestors.

3. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

No Bill Clinton had nothing to do with these dogs. It was Al Gore that created this breed through years of cross breeding. He did this just before he invented the internet. In fact the only reason he invented the internet was so he could sell these dogs on ebay.

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Use of pet ducks was outlawed in the 1930's but you're right Tron it is/was very effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.