1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Norelco/Philips Mens Shavers Comments?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trappy12, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

By yourself the gillette fusion razor. Doesn't have to be power, but you will be surprised at how little you feel the blade if you do get the power. (It just vibrates a little bit) But for $12, you can't beat it!
    -Trappy

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Good razors.

Have used one for ages.

Go for it.

Hauxfan!

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Bah on new fangled inventions. A good disposable Gillette with shaving cream and hot water is the only way to go. ;-))

Eric

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bought my Norelco 8140XL at Best Buy on sale about a year ago. I shave every morning with it and, like the above post, if we go out in the evening I'll shave again. It seems to be the closest shave I can get without using a blade. Charge will last for at least a week and a half. (Never tried to go longer.) Overall I'm very pleased with the razor.

Bob Schultz

5. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Ive had my Norelco cordless 5885 XL for over 15 years now. Shaves close, even when I get 3 days hair. I also sometimes shave 2x if I am going out after work.
    It slowly started to fail to hold a charge about a year ago, but worked good plugged in. It finally died and wouldnt take a charge.
    Instead of spending $70 for a new cordless I just opened it up, saw that the pack was just 2 lithium AA batteries soldered in...so I took my solder gun, removed the old ones, put in a new set of rechargables and man its better then new........:)
    Yea its been a good cordless razor over all the ones Ive owned!

6. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Forgive my heresy but I threw away my Norelco when my daughter bought me a Braun. Best electric shave I've ever had.

7. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I'm with FLAKETM. I tried everything under the sun before settling on a Braun. I have the 7526 with the cleaner assembly. I change blades every fifteen-to-eighteen months. It's the best shaver I've ever owned.

Best,
    Dennis

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I use mine when I travel...I use a Gillete Fusion...best shave I've ever had in 45 years...

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I have been using Norelco electric razars for 30+ years, for what it's worth I have had a total of 3. Every one has done a better job than the previous one. The blades last a long long time. I can shave, with the last one, for 3 to 4 weeks before a charge is needed.

Like every thing else, ther are soo many models now, it's hard to pick. I picked the mid $$$ range unit that you can rinse with water.

If you let your beard get trained to an electric you will never go back to a razar. Takes 3 to 4 weeks using every day.

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Tell me TrapshooterJoe.........Just how much does your beard weigh? lol lol

Sorry, Shootlow told me to say it........lol

Hauxfan!

11. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Vote for the Norelco....BUT..the best I ever owned was the red INTERNATIONAL Harvester...Sweet little machine that TIED the whiskers in little bundle bales and dropped'em to the sink.....Can't get the bundle cord any more....SO IT GOES.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You can save a lot of money by using the old fashioned double edge, and hone the blades in a water glass to reuse them.

HM

13. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Norelco had the best commercial of all time when Santa came sledding in on their razor....that alone should make you want to have one.....

14. tp

tp TS Member

I'm also with FLAKETM. Bought a Braun Pulsonic and threw my Norelco away. By far the best electric I have ever used, very close shave and comfortable. It has the automatic cleaner but is also washable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.