1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T No Country For Old Men

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I rented this last night and I liked it, it had action, comedy and a very good plot. However, if anyone else out there has seen this movie what did you think of the "silencer" on the shotgun?

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Its Hollywood. The suppressor was too small to be for real and not many buckshot loads are subsonic anyway. The stun gun was more realistic although completely bizzare in actual crime use.

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

The silencer was cool.

I'm not an expert so I have no idea if it would be doable or not, but it was cool.

The movie was cool too, but I don't see how it won "Best Picture."

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Silencers/Suppressors are not like you see in the movies.They are not totally silent.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Can't stop a sonic boom. All most silencers do is act like a car muffler and reduce the sound of the explosion.

If you had electronics to reproduce the exact same sound, only 180 degrees out of phase, and had it in the end of your barrel, that would be a perfect silencer. The 2 sounds would cancel each other out.

HM

6. HOT-HAMMER

HOT-HAMMER TS Member

HM, What??...How come when I was 10 and pulled both trigers on the old side by side at the same time it still went boom...Rick

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Strange ending to the film, reminded me of the last episode of The Sopranos.

Eric

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

disappointing ending, very unique though.

And let that be a lesson to all you beretta auto guys,,even contract assassins think the Remington 1100 is a good gun :-D

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Actually the prop department/armorer probably only had 1100's.

Eric

10. trident

trident Member

I hope that was a Norinco model 97 that he hacked off!

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok I rented it also and never did figure out what the wacko was shooting out of the oxygen tank I figured he was killing them with the air pressure to the head.

Well I was getting to like the movie but then it ended so it was only a half of a movie from what I saw .

But I bet there is already a sequel in the works from the way it ended in mid sentence also Tommy Lee Jones probably got paid well for no more than he was in the movie I guees that was a draw card to get people to watch it.

Im sure in the next movie {Old Men got Country and the drug guys gets busted} then I bet Tommy Lee Jones will be the man to put them down.

Just my opinion.

So what do yall think...

Foggy

12. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

See... there's a moral to this story - don't go back to the scene of the crime and help a criminal who's dying of thirst - it'll make you an accessory after the fact to the crime - Josh Brolin could've walked with that dough.

Jay

13. biff

biff Active Member

From what I know, that compressed air tank he carried was similar to what Tommy Lee told the wife....it was a bolt that they kill cattle with---slams it into their head better than shooting them, no richocets that way. It works pretty good on locks too!

That bad guy was one bad dude--did you see all those black marks on the floor? You figured maybe Harrelson was gonna be smart enough to take him down. He probably was disappointed when the Mexicans killed Josh Brolin, but at least he got to kill his wife and also ended up with the money! It was bloody and did have a strange ending, kinda like life I guess. Biff

14. laura!

laura! Member

I don't know how exciting the sequel could be, it goes like this... bad guy gets infection from wrapping up his broken, bone protruding arm in an adolescent boy's T shirt and dies.

15. spitter

Wait a minute... I must have missed something - who's wife got killed? I remember seeing Brolin's wife shows up at the motel and sees the sheriff - where did she get 86'd?

Jay

16. biff

biff Active Member

Spitter, How could you miss the part where he was waiting for her at the house, he asked her to call the flip heads or tails and she wouldn't. Later he walks out on to the front porch and looks down at each foot, gets in his car(or someone who recently passed away's car) and gets broadsided at an intersection. Remember? Biff

17. spitter

I must have blinked or something... I remember the intersection crash and the kids, but have no recollection about the wife - I'm going to have to watch it again.

Jay

18. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

While this movie does qualify as one of the many current "blood and guts" thrillers with a lot of Hollywood added (ala Stallone and Willis), I can't believe it was even considered Academy Award material. So what did the bad guy (his name?)do that qualified him as actor of the year other than stalking around being mean and ruthless?

JMHO

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.