1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T.. Nikon camera collectors , anyone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sabretooth, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabretooth

sabretooth Member

Does anyone know of a website dedicated to Nikon camera collectors? I want to sell/trade some Nikon stuff. I have tried Ebay & Nikonians. Thanks.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You might try this source. Often used to determine the value of cameras and gear. Jump on URL above.....breakemall

ps: BTW, I'm a previous Nikon NUT!

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Marked as I too may need this information.I have a little also.Ray

4. momma91304

momma91304 TS Member

If you are interested, I have a Nikon N65 body and a Promaster 80-200 lens I would love to sell. Please make me an offer! Both items are in good condition.
    David's mom

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

You mean antiques like these, the one on the left is a F2A with MD1 motordrive. The one on the right is a Ft,the lens below is a Nikon 7.5mm fisheye with range finder. This lens will only work with a Nikon with a mirror lockup, thats why it comes with a finder, and it has 5 built in filters.
    toolmaker251_2008_0303253.jpg

toolmaker251_2008_0303254.jpg

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Hey I have a nice FG Nikon setup I'll trade for a Ruger MkII pistol!

If you know how to take pictures with a SLR, digital does NOT come close to the same quality!

"Simple and easy"(digital) has never produced a good product! but it suffices the masses!

7. oz

oz Active Member

I wonder why all the pros use digital now?

8. FIB

FIB Member

The F2A in the picture brings back memories of Jr. High for me. In the mid 1970's that was THE camera to own. I could never afford one but lusted for one like I did Farrah Fawcett! After graduation I bought a F2A, F3HP, FM2N and a FE2. I still have the F3HP and FM2N although I haven't used them in years.

9. momma91304

momma91304 TS Member

Not quite that old--purchased in 2002 for a trip to East Africa. Used again this past February to South Africa and many trips in between!
    David's mom

10. TOOLMAKER 251

Did somebody mention FM2N? if I remember right, the lens on it cost about the same as the camera and motordrive. 35mm F1.4
    toolmaker251_2008_0303255.jpg

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Film cameras are yesterdays Model "T." What a shame.

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Technology has its place, but there are times when it "ruins" more then it improves!!

Digital's is to "fast food" as SLR's are to "fine dining"

The Best things in life take "time".

13. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I used to shoot a lot of pics with Nikons and Pentaxes, I had box fulls that I took while we were bombing N Viet Nam, wasn't supposed to take them but I was a young dumb kid, but my ex took them when she moved out, the bitch, there were some great pictures we could get the B&W film from the hobby shop and develop them for almost nothing

The Nikon FM2 that my current wife bought me was my fav

Then i spent about $1800 for a Nikon digital, the pictures are descent but not near as good as the FM2 and it came with a damn 200 page instruction manual, all in English, that if you are going to use the camera you had better not lose the manual.

You would have to shoot the camera daily to remember all the $hit in the book

14. FIB

FIB Member

I had a FM2 and FE2 at the same time for a while and one cool thing about both of those models is that they shared the same motor drive.

15. TOOLMAKER 251

Yes both the fe and fm shared MD's the M stood for manual and the E was for electronic. If you had no power on the fe you only had a 1/200 shudder speed,that's why the mechanical shudder speed were favored over the electronic.

16. sabretooth

sabretooth Member

I still own a Nikon F (with meter finder), F2 with DP12 servo finder, Nikon FA with MD 16 motordrive & assotment of lenses. My only prized possessions are a 58 mm Noct Nikkor & a 50-300mm /4.5 ED glass behemoth. Used to have a complete F3 setup but sold it. Have not used the film camers much. People want to see their pictures right away.... ( we have become a right away nation ). Had to swallow my pride & get a D700 body.

17. notarget

notarget TS Member

The Nikon F I bought in 1963 still works fine. I prefer it to the digitals although I use them more often.

18. sabretooth

sabretooth Member

I am still salivating over the fisheye on Toolmaker's post!!!!
    BTW, with Kodak gone, who's left to make to film... ? Fuji.

19. TOOLMAKER 251

Sabertooth, I also have the DP12 finder that I once used with the DS12 servo motor and ML1 infrared wireless remote that was good for 200 feet. I used this setup for wildlife photography. I have a lot of lens but my favorite is a 105 F 2.5 that was originally a non AI that was sent out to be converted.
    toolmaker251_2008_0303256.jpg

20. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I had a mint F3/T silver camera I sold about 5 years ago, right when digital SLRs were just taking off. It was the BEST camera I have ever owned or shot.

The buyer was generous and pleased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nikon camera collectors