1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T NHRA Gator Nationals

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kevin Fleming, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

I know there are several of you that race and follow drag racing. For many years I have wanted to go to the Gator Nationals and have decided that 2010 is it. I am looking for advice on what to do or not do. My plan is to attend with my lovely wife for the finals on Sunday only. I will also attemp to get tickets in south spectaor stands (not general admission). So any advice for the wide-eyed and ignorant? I know earplugs are a given!

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

By all means walk through the pits and witness a Top Fueler running up close. Your eyes will water like crazy, it's hard to breath, and the ground shakes at your feet. Life will never be the same there after.

ss

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Two years ago my girlfriend and went to Southern Grand for a couple days and went to stay with friends and on Sat. went to Gator Nationals . There is I think a couple of ways in to the track , but they would not let us out but only one way . Lots of traffic as you can expect . Go early and plan on sitting in traffic when leaving . Take in the hole experience , the pits and everything . GO It's worth it. Jeff

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Bring your shotgun and shoot at Gator Skeet and Trap. We are located about 2 miles from the strip. We have a great Olympic bunker.

Tom