1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T New phone...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

The replacement batteries for our cordless phone cost almost as much as the phone did, so we're looking for a replacement. We need two handsets, but that's about all the "fancy" we're interested in. Anyone have any good/bad comments to make about phones. Truly off-topic, but I've never been steered wrong on this group yet!

Thanks.

Bruce
    KB1IIX@arrl.net

2. Robb

Robb Member

We've had better luck with Uniden than anything else.

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Most of the new phones use AA batteries now.

Make sure that is the case with your replacement and avoid the expensive battery problem next time.

HBT

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I just got a new set (2) of Panasonic phones. They use rechargable AA's. They work great!

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I bought a Uniden at Costco.

Has 2 hansets and an answering machine. has all the bells and whistles, but you might meed a teenager to program them all for you.

6. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

panasonic

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I didn't know anybody had land lines anymore?

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Have had uniden for years without problems. You can get the cheap ones at walmart for like 18 bucks and can page in between phones through your house. Its great.

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I have both Uniden (2 handsets) and Vtech (4 handsets) and they are good so far, plus 3 land lines. GE was a piece of junk . Had other problems with a short in one wire , maybe for 37 years and didn`t notice till we got Verizon installed . Original wiring had a staple thru the one wire into the wood in the basement . Traced the wires and decided just to switch them to Red and White and eliminated the Green so now there is no short .

10. capvan

capvan Active Member

Cuban...In Vermont, anyone who wants reliable phone service stays with what has worked for the past 50+ years. One of the local sports is watching people from "away" wave their phones in the air trying to "catch" a signal. And a local town constable (local police) who's 80+ years old and still on the job.

Bruce

11. oakridge

oakridge TS Member

I have had best luck with Uniden and Panasonic, but the key thing to look for is the "new" spec 6.0 DECT. The noise reduction in these new phones makes them significantly better. Buy.com is selling a multi-unit Uniden set up for cheap this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.