1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T New Jeep Patriot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by miketmx, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have owned Jeep Cherokees since 1987 and I am taking a serious look at a Jeep Patriot. I would welcome any comments positive or negative.

2. thunder

thunder Active Member

My wife was looking for somethng other than a T/C Caravan, we have had 14 of them and have been very happy with them, she just wanted something different.

We drove the Jeep Patriot, we both really liked the looks of it but we both thought it was underpowered with the four cylinder, also would shift a lot due to the 4 cylinder.

We drove a Jeep Liberty in both a 2007 and 2008 model year. The new 2008 Jeep Liberty is fantastic, you could never beleive that the 2007 and 2008 was made by the same company. Needless to say she decided on the 2008 Liberty over everything else and it was an exhausting search and I had to agree. We drove most small CRV's, the Honda CRV, Nissans, Toyota, Suzuki, Chevy and GMC Envoy, Trailblazers, Ford Edge, Escape ect. We special ordered it and hopefull she will have the Liberty Limited shortly.

Good luck,
    Andy

3. miketmx

Thanks Andy, I had a test drive in a Patriot with the auto tranny and in one with the 5 speed manual tranny and decided to get the 5 speed 4X4 version.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    You've had FOURTEEN Caravans? Either you drive A LOT or they're not lasting.

I had ONE Caravan, and it was a total POS. Went throgh four transmissions in 80K miles. Never again.

5. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Like a broken friggin record...

Merry Christmas Brian,

cls

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Chrysler...never again.

7. thunder

thunder Active Member

Yes I had 14 Caravan's used them for business, would cover 60 to 70 thousand miles a year. Have to say that they were the best vechile on the road for what I was doing and still will always have one as long as they make them. Never had one break down on the road, never did anything with them except oil change.

Brain of Oregon and Charlie Don't Surf, guess you must of had issues with them. Well I could say the same for Ford and Chevy, but I won't because never is a long time.

Mike you will be happy with the 5 speed. The Patriot is a very sharp looking ride.

Merry Christmas
    Andy

8. Urbans

Urbans Member

Mike, I may be able to help you with a employee discount, e-mail me @ frei454@aol.com.

9. miketmx

To urbans, I live in Canada and found a new 2008 with the options we want and expect delivery before Jan 1st but thanks for asking.

10. Urbans

Urbans Member

Glad to be of assistance. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.