1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Need new washer recommendation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by new loader, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new loader

new loader Member

Need new washer, what is good nowadays? Just finished with an Amana, was not all that great. Serviceman recommends a true Whirlpool, not a Kenmore disguised as a Whirlpool. What is the scuttlebutt here?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Bosch front loader.

Eric

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

We have a Whirlpool about 4 yrs. old.

Except for the water pump (on the 4th one now) its been OK.

Completely sealed poly unit pumps are not repairable.

One replaced on warranty, the others on me.

Things could be better now???

Regards....Gerald

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Staber its the best out there and made here. cleans better than any and uses 1/2 the water . 8 pair of jeans will dry in 40 min. You dont need a repairman every part is woman friendly. you canwatch your 10yr old fix anything that will or could go bad . I have had one for 8 yrs and would buy on in a min.

6. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

I've been in the appliance business for 24 years as an retail dealer and as a service tech. I'm my humble opinion, the best for the money is the Whirlpool/Maytag. They are the same (both made by W/pool), but the Maytag is better featured, for what it's worth. Followed closely by the Frigidaire. All of the front loaders are great as far as their conservative nature. The Bosch is a good performer, but I think it is more money for the same cleanability. Buy the set, since the dryers are greatly improved from older versions to speed up dry time.

7. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

Whirlpool front loader pumps will fail mostly due to foreign objects that get in them from clothing pockets...small screws, coins, jewelry, etc. Keep pockets empty, and I don't see too many problems with their pumps.

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Perrazi top loader, single

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You could always buy a washboard from a zytago player....they never fail!

10. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

We have a Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer. Both are front loading and are work horses for us. We do about 20 large loads a week and have had them since they were released. Kim :)

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I like the Whirlpool or Kenmore top loader and a gas dryer. I now buy mostly Kenmore appliances and use Sears service and pleased with the results. Top loaders are tried and true and the wife likes them.

Ed Ward

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

20 large loads a week? WOW! I can't imagine that.

Eric

14. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

<i>I had an old Maytag that the transmission went out in and after reading the poorly rated customer reviews on washers places like homeie depot and sears sells I decided to go down to my local second hand store and buy a used older top load 80 Series Kenmore that does not conserve water like the new ones.
    Paid $100.00 for it but timer did not work so had to put a new timer in it for another $100.00 It cleans as good or better than the old one and is a perfect match to my existing dryer.
    I just can't see spending $1000.00 for a new front load that does not do the job, But if I was in the market for a new one I would follow Maytag's advice above.</I>

tom

15. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

We recently bought a GE Profile ----- Don't make the mistake we made!!!!!

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

GE, Jeffrey Immelt, MSNBC, all garbage.

Whirlpool top loader is the best bang for the buck. Others are probably as good as described here but a lot mor money.

HM

17. DJM

DJM Member

Whirlpool Duet washer & dryer.

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

As an addition to this post, if you have an appliance or garage door opener that the printed circuit board needs repair. Send it to CG Industries in the Chicago suburbs CGI is the largest electronics remanufacturer in the industry. The reman all the boards for appliance, garage door and large electronics for Sears. They do boards for all manufacturers vist the web site CGI.com you can download everything you need to get your board repaired or get a remaned part.You will save a substansial amount of money over buying new parts

19. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Maytag Neptunes and would not buy Maytag again. The dryer has been trouble free but the washer has been a nightmare and it went out twice in the first three months. The biggest problem has always been that it never completely empties the water out ( it is a front loader and when you turn the tub by hand you can hear the water slosh around ( anytime). Therefore it smells musty all the time, my wife hates it

20. new loader

new loader Member

We will probably stay with a top loader. Do not have the laundry volume like we used to. The repairman did say that Whirlpool bought a German company with superior front-loader know-how, so maybe that was Bosch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.