1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - Need help with Seiko Kinetic Watch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Found this old watch of mine. I haven't worn it in 5 years. I have started wearing it, and the watch stops. It quits ticking! I have forgotten what is going on. Any advice?

Thanks, Matt

2. k80bav

k80bav Member

Take the watch to a Seiko dealer. They have a special winding machine to regenerate the watch. You will have to leave it a day or two for it to fully recharge. Any questions let me know.

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

4. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I have found on the older Kinetic models the capacitors had the tendency to go bad rather quickly. The Kinetic charger mentioned above will not charge the capacitor if it needs to be replaced.

The good news is that it can be replaced by a qualified technician for about $25 to $30 bucks. Hopefully yours will only have to be charged. I would suggest taking it to a Watchmaker that has experience working on Kinetic’s.

Dale

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I will be looking for a good watchmaker!

Matt

6. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

I sent mine back to Seiko for repair - check their web site for info. They use a company called COSERV in NJ. Works great - worth the money to repair.

7. MXSHOOTER

MXSHOOTER TS Member

I've had mine over 10 years now and no problems, I wear it daily, am wearing it right now. Is there a certan model that had bad capacitors?

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have several of them and use Eddie's method of bringing them back to life. As long as you hear the works buzzing, it's charging.

Ed

9. FranzSodia

FranzSodia TS Member

Matt, I have a Seiko Kinnetic that quit working on a few years ago. It was the capacitor. It puked out after about 10 or 11 years of daily wear. It cost me about $80.00 to get it fixed with the shipping. I thought that was cheaper than buying a new one and it still looked great. Their address is:

Coserv
    1111 Macarthur Boulevard, Mahwah, NJ 07430, U.S.A
    Tel:+1-201-529-3316
    Fax:+1-201-529-4525
    E-mail:custserv@seikousa.com

Hope this helps, John Ertel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.