1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Need Help with Chemical Allergies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Twixter, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twixter

    Twixter Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    313
    Need Help with very accute case of chemical allergy. Allergic to all Paint, gasoline, mold, perfumed candles, perfume itself, houisehold cleaners, corn is the only food product we know of. Any help with what to do, will bee greatly appreciated. Thanks Mick McGinley
     
  2. grnberetcj

    grnberetcj Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    5,680
    Would'nt it be better to consult a M.D. Allergist????

    Curt
     
  3. Twixter

    Twixter Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    313
    Curt

    You may be correct: We've tried many and get different answers from each one. None of which work. Last one said, nothing I can do for you. So we thought we'd try on here to see if there is anyone out there who might have the same problems. Thanks for the suggestion, Mick
     
  4. Shotgunbutch

    Shotgunbutch Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    210
    Google NAET

    I did this procedure for my allergies and this helped way more than anything else.
    It is also very simple.

    Arnie
     
  5. grnberetcj

    grnberetcj Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    5,680
    Sorry Mick....hope you get better..

    Curt
     
  6. Shooting Coach

    Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Messages:
    8,357
    Location:
    Nashville Tn
    Just something to think about. I am over the hill myself, and a lot of the foods I ate for years are now off the shelf forever.

    Many synthetic and altered foods cannot be digested and used by the body.

    Why not look at the Mediterranean Food Pyramid listed above, and eat natural foods for a while? This will get some of that trash out of your system. If your tolerance to these things increases, you know you are on the right path. Also, a little exercise goes a long way. There are a lot of low impact things you can do to increase your level of fitness.

    Changing diet and increasing my fitness level on a permanent basis has dramatically increased my health and reduced downtime due to illness or discomfort. At the best, you are healthier and more resistant to bad things in your environment, and at the worst, you are healthier and will probably be taking fewer meds.
     
  7. Shooting Coach

    Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Messages:
    8,357
    Location:
    Nashville Tn
    This diet is NOT rocket science. The folks in the Mediterranean basin live longer than just about anyone. Since health care is third world, smart people have figured out it is the diet.

    Works for me. I am allergic to beef. (sigh)
     
  8. IM390

    IM390 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 1998
    Messages:
    213
    You may out grow some of them. Your body changes some what every 12 to 14 years. I used to have a dozen or so as a teemager. Now as an old fart I have only one or two to really concerned about. I take allegra 180 mg every day.

    CORN is used in a lot of different foods. Read the labels carefully. Some corn varients may or may not affect you ie corn syrup used as a sweetner in soda but also used in some pancake syrups. There is only one way to find out. Keep your antidote handy.
     
  9. Shooting Coach

    Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Messages:
    8,357
    Location:
    Nashville Tn
    Corn and its byproducts are often hopped up and chemically altered to a form not used by the body.

    The miracle is that we can eat this crud as long as we do before it rears up and bites us.
     
  10. need to shoot more

    need to shoot more Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2006
    Messages:
    1,227
    Home envoirment is everything, yes some latex paints can give off VOC gases for up to eight years and the glues in carpeting are not any safer.Installation of a home air filtration system can really help and make a safe cocoon for you
    pm me if you would like mor info p.s. I have nothing to sell just some suggestions that should help you.
    regards,
    Jim
     
  11. Twixter

    Twixter Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    313
  12. Quack Shot

    Quack Shot Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2006
    Messages:
    4,003
    What are your symptoms? When are the symptoms evident? After contact? Inhalation? Are the effects localized or widespread? How long do they last? Has anything had an effect on them?
     
  13. Haskins Bill

    Haskins Bill TS Member

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2007
    Messages:
    777
    For years I was convinced that I was allergic to MSG and slightly to Sulfites. I would say that probably still with sulfites as I have a mild reaction if I drink too much wine. I finally bit the bullet and paid the $800.00 for the allergy test and only the control histimine reacted. Well guess what I was havinag to deal with a puffed up face and racing heartbeat just about every week or so. the Allergist had me stop taking my 81 mg of aspirin and nothing close to any reaction for a year and a half. It seems that the older we get we can become sensitized to asprin and most of the other NSAID'S Motrin ,naproxen sodium etc. The only thing I can use is Tylenol types now. Good luck with your allergies. Bill
     
  14. Twixter

    Twixter Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    313
    Quackshot:

    To start with I guess I should explain that this is my girlfriend who suffers from these allergies. She has been sensitiive to many things for many years. About two years ago she became sick with paint poisoning, sick to the stomach, shortness of breath, weakness in the legs, headache, muscle aches. Her oxygen level decreased to about 21% I believe. Very low anywway. She recovered from this until this spring when here in Wis we suffered from some very bad rains. Our basement was flooded three times. We had the mold treated and had some removal of walls. They guarenteed that the mold was gone. Luckily have not been rained on that bad since. Now the chemicals they treated the basement wiith are causing the reactions. Symtoms are the same as stated above except oxygen level not as low. Thanks for the interest. Any suggestions appreicated. Mick
     
  15. Quack Shot

    Quack Shot Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2006
    Messages:
    4,003
    Twixter,

    I would suggest that you seek the help of a qualified medical professional. Some of these symptoms can be serious and it may not be just a simple allergy. While some people are sensitive to some substances, There can be an underlying cause that remains undiagnosed. I had some odd symptoms ten years ago and was led to believe it was a simple allergy or seasonal issue. It turned out to be a fairly large tumor on the pituitary. It took a change in health plans and a sharp small town doctor to finally get it diagnosed. I had symptoms for several years and was told all sorts of things by several doctors. An MRI finally did the trick. All it took was a doctor to listen to what I was saying and spend the time to assess the symptoms. I'm certainly not saying that this would be the problem, but there could be another condition and it is all too convenient for a doctor to blame it on some environmental concern.

    A good first step is to write down all of the details you can think of, no matter how small or unimportant they may sound. Try to put it all in a time line and link it to any events you can think of. Even vacations, especially if you visited outside of your home country or general geographic region. Put it together as best as you can with simple details and see if you can get enough time with a decent doctor who will listen and look it over. Most of all, don't tell the doctor what you think it is, just state all of the facts and let him draw a conclusion. You also need to do the research on your own. The internet can be a great resource. Just be careful about making any diagnosis on your own. You need to think outside the box and look at other possibilities as well as "allergies".

    There may be some tests that can be done to see if there are some compounds present in her blood or tissues.

    I remember a person that went down to the Carribean and became very ill shortly after returning. There were symptoms similar to what you have described, but not exactly the same. There was a toxin (ciguatera) present in some fish that was eaten that cooking did not destroy. The diagnosis was finally made at Duke U's Medical center. They were told it wasn't all that common in the carribean and not usually ever seen in their home state in the northeast. If they did not mention the vacation to the doctor, it may have remained a mystery. The outcome was not too bad, but it took several years for a recovery and there may still be some lingering neurological issues. There was a long list of doctors that were seen and it was misdignosed many times.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.