1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Need help changing head on Motorguide Motor

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I busted the head on a Motorguide Trolling motor the other day and got the replacement parts but I'm not sure what all needx to come apart. I have the cable and wiring disconnected. The bottom cover will not slide over the upper bearing so what is my next step. Do I have to take the roller bearing off at the top? All help is appreciated. I do have a picture break down but it doesn't indicate how it comes apart. It is a foot control if that helps any. Thanks Jackie B.

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

Jackie - Try the forum at Western Bass. I don't remember how as my boat has pretty much been sitting since I started trap shooting. I was tempted to suggest that you go and get a MinKota, seems like everyone here is making the switch. MotorGuide just isn't what it used to be. Good luck.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

You're right about the MinnKota with the fiberglas shaft and I like them a lot and have them on my other boats but this one came on my Tracker Pro Team 175 so I'll use it until it messes up. Will try to find the forum. Thanks Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

motorguide busted trolling motor head