1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: Need default safe combo...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by noknock1, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Sad to say, my father in-law of 15 years passed away unexpectedly last Saturday night. My mother-in-law doesn't have a clue to a lot of the finances.

There is a small fire proof safe with a cheap key lock and dial combination. I have the key, but no paperwork or combination. The key lock is in the unlocked position.

I don't have the combo.

I can easily 'break into' this SENTRY SAFE, but would rather not. The sticker says: S0310 and underneath that is says: BD243312.

So my question, this dial combination on the safe appears to be low quality, so I am assuming the combination is set from the factory and without knowing the factory setting I will have to bust it open...

If this is an incorrect assumption on my part, does anyone on here have any SENTRY SAFE's??? If so, was there a factory default combo? Or was it preset from the factory?

I know my S&G lock on my safe and about 7 safes at work came with factory default codes that I then changed... I tried two factory defaults I know of and neither one worked.

My guess is that it is factory preset and I just need to bust it open to hopefully find some insurance information.... By the way... I hope I am wrong, it is a nice little fire resistant safe and I hate to ruin it needlessly.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Locksmith? Factory support?

3. ouch

ouch Member

Sorry about the loss of your father.

I just bought a Sentry 5???? series safe at an auction. My freind,A locksmith just bought a computer program to figure out combinations to safes with no combination. Contact a professional. Richard

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

This is where I get to wear one of my other hats...... :)

Call Sentry Customer Service in Rochester, NY @ 877-736-8794 between 8 & 6 Eastern time.

With the model # and ser. # they should be able to help your MIL. There is a charge to us locksmiths. Not sure if they will charge the consumer.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

5. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Thanks for the advice and I will check out all the above... The safe is about $75.00 on a couple of online places so I will have to see what a locksmith will charge if I carry it to their shop... Maybe they will open it for $30.00 or so...

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

try 1234 thats the way some are shipped

7. B V

B V TS Member

Try R to 98 L past 98 to 44 R to 14

8. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

A word to the wise. Write your gun safe combination and computer passwords down and place them in a safety deposit box along with your will. None of us is immortal. D Winter

9. quartering

quartering Active Member

these safes come with a factory set combination. not preset; set. call the factory for the combination. if push comes to shove, there are two bolts opposite the hinges. just slip a circular saw with a metal cutting blade in there. no harm will be done to the insides. and don't think that you're going to be able to beat it with a sledgehammer into opening. i've seen these cheap little safes beaten all to hell and back and still locked shut. good luck with it. btw: you pull a safe apart, not pound it apart

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Yes please write combos down and for those of you who "do the bills," well please teach your spouse if they don't know. Keep a ledger or computer file with all current bills etc...

With my father-in-law passing away unexpectedaly, we are now having to try and teach the MIL how to do basic financial chores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
default combination for sentry safe
list of sentry safe combinations

sentry safe combinations list

sentry safe default code

sentry safe default combination

sentry safe factory code
sentry safe factory code list
sentry safe try-out combination list