1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T, need Colt Diamondback value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zzt, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I am considering selling my pristine 22LR 4" Blue Colt Diamondback to pay for a Kimber 1911 target pistol I am lusting after. The pistol has no marks or blems, except for drag marks (bluing not worn through) on the cylinder. I believe the gun was made in 1978. It is superbly accurate (from a bench, not in my hands). Timing is perfect.

I've looked online and find asking prices ranging from $700 for a beat to death specimen, to $1700 for an appears to be NIB specimen. How about a few of you experts telling me what my pistol is actually worth.

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

ZZT, I've seen nice .22 Diamondbacks at gun shows listed at $1,200 - $1,350, but have not seen any of them sell. Heck, .38 Diamondbacks are being listed for $1,000 and up, we used to buy them several years ago for $450-$500. I guess those days are long gone.

Good luck,

Steve

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a Kimber Eclipse Target with a matching 22 conversion unit. If you are interested in buying or trading, pls send me a PM. jm

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bought a Colt Diamondback 4 inch, .38 Spc in very good condition out of the local paper that was supposed to be an estate sale for $500 ... The pistol came with a holster and a 1/2 box of the old Spears jacketed 158 Gr. hollow points ... I figured it was a deal thats why I bought it and it does not have a mark on it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Diamondback 22's have a following, the 6 inch being the most wanted and nickel ones bring crazy prices. Search the forums at rimfirecentral.com and you will get a good idea and also coltforum.com. From what I've seen lately this is not the best time to sell a nice gun. Are you sure you want a Kimber?

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Local dealer in Illinois has two 6" diamondbacks...a .22 listed at $1000, and a .38 at, I believe, 750 or 800. Both look good, not NIB but clean. I bought a 2 3/4" a few years ago with "holster rust and one faded grip", slight pits on the backstrap and one sideplate but unfired for $150.....the seller said someone had traded it to his dad for a tank of gas. (just gotta be lucky sometimes).

7. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

Keep it!! The Kimber will be worth LESS the instant You buy it. The Diamondback is continually going UP. I'd sell something else if thats the only way You can afford the Kimber.

FN in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.