1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T, Need advise for staying one day in Miami

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Leave nothing in the car. Take everything from the car in the room. Do not leave anything unattended. When you do park the car and you are away for a short time cover everything that is not in the trunk. People will steal what they can when they can. If your car has out of state tags that marks your car for them.

2. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

OK...you asked..so here goes..just my opinion. Been a couple years ( 2-3) since I was there..maybe it's improved...
    If You Go:
    Carry a gun. While you're driving...carry it in your hand. Stay away from South Beach...it has become real "international"...and frankly pretty dirty unless you're "hip" enough to be in one of the hot clubs, assuming you enjoy that sort of place. I'm a Ft. Lauderdale native, and would stay up in Broward until the last minute before I went to Miami. Be Careful...There are neighborhoods in the city of Miami the cops don't hardly go into...you don't want to get "turned around" and end up there....
    Good Luck...

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I like FL when I was down there but I just did not like the Cuban's and what people were saying about them.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

There is nothing worth seeing in Miami. It is like Newark with palm trees. Save the money on the rental car and get a nice hotel by the airport and go to the pool. It will be hot and muggy in August and driving around looking for something to do will not be any fun.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Stay in Miami Beach, not Miami. Get on Priceline or Hotwire and get a good hotel for a decent price. Walk the beach and boardwalk, check out the yachts, look at the girls, etc... Check out the art deco buildings in the South Beach area. One day will be enough. Walk if you can, parking is mostly valet. Most of resturants and bars are overpriced clip joints, but hey your on vacation.

Walk the beach, or main streets, keep your hand on your billfold, have a few drinks, eat a good meal, sit by the pool, or ocean, and enjoy the sights. Life could be a lot worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.