1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

o/t need a new truck recommendation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Silverado or Tundra-- test drive both

both are awesome

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

I looked at the Grand program and find that GMC supports the ATA? I see nothing from Ford or others.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The best deals can be had right now on any leftover '07 Silverado "Classic". These were produced the first part of the model year to keep up with damand, until the new body style Silverado's could be had in quantity.

ec90t

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The old saying work a Ford and drive a Chevy to work are very true.Depends on what your intentions are.The Ford is the most durable but a little less mileage.

5. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Has anybody had good or bad news on GMC Canyon or Chevy Colorado? I know the in line six was a durable engine, but the I5 makes more horsepower than a V8 in a Dodge Dakota? As someone who tows a trailer of shot and shells, I am leaning toward the V8 or bigger. All the recreation transit deliverers seem to mostly using duallys. Omaha

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have driven the colorado and the canyon and I didnt like them- poor handling

You can get a good buy on a basic silverado- or sierra

7. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Duramax That says it all.

8. oz

oz Active Member

I have a Tundra. I love it and you should be able to get a great deal due to the gas (crisis) oz

9. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I can only speak to the duramax from woman's point of view, but I do pull a 37 foot 5ver with it.....not light duty truck either....but it is AWESOME. Our 03 was a very nice truck....our 06 is totally awesome!

Lorna

10. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

DO NOT overlook the Nissan Titan ! Last fall we were looking for a new truck . I was thinking Ford , wife didnt care. Looked at all major brands then went past Nissan lot. Wife said no its ugly...then she drove it. SHE had to have it. Best rig Ive ever owned so far. POWER , ride and is built to last. I have loaded a dump trailer down with rocks 14000 lbs. Pulls it fine! Dont want to stop but it is 2x the weight of truck. What do you expect tho. Try it you wont be dissapointed. Plott Hound

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

RESALE VALUE TOYOTA HANDS DOWN. dependability Toyota hands down. i buy them all and know the facts. Nissan good also but no resale value compared to Toyota. i like Chevy trucks first, Fords second and Dodge third.

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Support the one that supports the shooters, "Chevy."

13. skip

skip Member

Take the Ford and Chevy for a short ride. That's what I did, the Ford was quieter, handeled better, positive transmission shifts, and the braking felt way better.

Not sure about the 2007 GM models but the earlier GM models didn't have or even offer rear disk brakes. I wouldn't own a vehicle today without disk brakes all round. Go out of your way to find one with a positraction/limited slip rear end, big difference in wet/snow weather.

New is nice but expensive. F the Jap stuff. I purchased a Ford F150 4x4.

14. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Spoke with my Chevrolet dealer at the local diner. He said there will probably be more incentives on '07 Chevy trucks soon, as Ford has moved up to a 2000 cash back and 0% financing. His salesman added that Chevy will be under pressure to match or beat those numbers as there are a lot of '07 trucks sitting around and the '08's are on the way. Good time of year to buy.

15. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

don't be sucked in by incentives. vehicles loose about 30% to 40% value in first year. buy used 15,000 miles or less and save thousands. still get warranty. Example, just sold 2007 chevy cobolt for $8500.00 people owed $18,000.00 on it. only 13000 miles and still had balance of factory warranty. remember 0% of $35,000.00 vs 4% same vehicle for 20,000.00. you do the math

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If you want to do balljoints wheel bearings powerstearing box, door latch switches and a host of other electrical issues buy any ford chevy dodge, there good to about 36001 miles. I thatnk the gods for rapid decline of the big three, keeps us very busy at our shop. I also thank toyota nissan for going for ever, get to do 6 8 10 brake jobs on that camry that is now on the secound kid with 150k. Unless your gonna lease it and dump it in 3 years 30k I would go with a toyota or nissan, we have several customers with the honda ridgeline turning out to be a decent light truck. One customer already 65k just did tires and brakes.

17. oz

oz Active Member

F the jap stuff?????? Tundra is the ONLY truck made in the USA. check it out. the big 3 are still largely made in mexico and canada. lood at the vhicle tags on the door. if you have to buy american, buy Toyota. It's also the best of the bunch. oz

18. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

My 2002 Tundra just turned 70,000 miles with no trouble or even minor repairs. I follow scheduled Toyota maintenance. Brakes were done at 55,000 miles. The ride is quiet and the 4.7 V8 is very responsive and pulls my 3000 # bass boat with ease.

The 2007 Tundra is now in production and I am temped to buy one. They have a longer wheelbase and a larger cab. The Tundra is now the same size as the Ford and Chevy pickups. As an option, they offer a 5.7 V8. This engine gets better MPG than the 4.7 V8 as it comes with a 6 speed automatic transmission.

My mechanic, who serviced my Ford Club Wagon for over 18 years, told me that if I bought a Toyota truck, I might never see him again. He was correct.

Toyota Tundras are made in Texas and Ohio. The Tacoma is made in a new Toyota plant in Mexico.

Be sure to pick a color you like because you may be looking at it for a long time.

I am looking forward to the day when Toyota puts a diesel in the Tundra.

19. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

my 1987 chev 1/2 ton is still going with only a water pump repair to the 305 engine. 278,000 miles, yep its been junk alright.

20. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

My Silverado was assembled in Lansing, MI, but that was in 1999 so the plants have probably changed. I'm sure the foreign parts content is higher than I would like it to be.

Skip, when I bought my Chevy, disc brakes were standard on all 4 wheels (at least on the half-ton models). So they were definitely offered by GM.

Much like trap guns, you need to drive them all before you decide. Buy what you like. Then someone will always tell you that you bought the wrong one, and someone else will have a decal of a kid urinating on your truck brand. It's a high class society.

--Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.