1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Need a good laugh? Read this

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

After dinner I decided to go over to my shop and load some shells on the 366 that was working soo good with all the help. Well I sat down and after a couple of boxes I decided to as a whim to weigh everything again just for the heck of it. The shells were looking really good and I was soo proud and I had weighed a bunch last night as I was loading and it was right on. So I really didn't feel the need to this evening. Well guess what? I had turned the powder switch off last night and since I have always loaded on a Herter's and Mec loaders it never crossed my mind about the powder switch. Here I sat with 65 good looking shells that had no powder. I was angry at first, then felt stupid. Well, I bet I'm not the first to do that. LOL Jackie B.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Of course you are the only one, the rest of us will never let on. By the way, if you own a band saw it makes opening them fairly simple:)

Robert

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

At least it wasn't 1065.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I hope you have a Gary Bulley shotshell dismantler!!! It makes quick work of jobs like yours. Saves wad and all your components on every shell as well. Don't ask me how I know. Break-em all. Jeff

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Yes, a sheetrock knife and a needle nose pliers work for me for 25 years . Glad there isn`t toooo many to open !!!

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I have three 366s. I've NEVER done that.

Everyone who believes me, stand on your head.....

On a serious note...I've developed the habit of keeping a small mag light on the bench. When the first shell leaves the powder station, I shine the light down inside and make sure there's powder. Then when I'm DONE, and the LAST shell is leaving powder, I shine the light down in that one and make sure it has powder too.

if the first and the last do, mostly I can be sure all the ones in between are OK. I've not (knock wood) had a problem since I started doing that...

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Jackie:

Every reloader has had his share of screwups.

Once upon a time, I loaded several hundred shells using a misidentified powder bushing that was too small. I had no choice but to cut them up. Ever since, I've used a MEC EZ PAK and my routine includes weighing the powder drop of every 25th shell.

If there's any problem, I catch it quick. The worst case scenario is 25 bad shells which are separated from all the good shells.

sissy

8. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

My reloading rule:

1. At start of session weigh the powder & shot charge for the first five shells.

2. During the loading session, weigh one powder charge every 25 shells.

3. If any mishaps accrue, go back to number one & two and start over.

This may take a little time. However, if the unforeseen happens you will find it much sooner.

Frank

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

It would seem we all have our little habits that keep us from making the same mistake twice. Break-em all. Jeff

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I knew someone would get a chuckle out of my screw up. I would like to say I bet it don't happen again but you never know. LOL I will implement some of your habits to help insure it doesn't happen again. Earlier I had loaded about a thousand 12 ga shells before I started on the 20's and did notice that the powder level didn't look like it was dropping very much but wrote it off as a difference in the 12 and 20 ga. LOL I believe I will like the 366 even better than the 9000G especially if I don't have to resize the hulls. It is pretty fast and much easier to work with than the mec's if you have a bad shell or crimp. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.