1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T....Need a custom jack to lift 4 feet up

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yvonne, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Does anyone know where I can purchase a jack that will lift 4 feet off the ground?? It only has to lift approx 100 lbs. It would help if it came with a platform approx 2ft x 2 ft (plywood, etc) If it doesn't come with a platform, I can build one. Any sites I should be looking at?

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Sounds like you need a 4 foot acme screw and some guide rods for stability. Probably need a 90 degree gearbox to drive it.

What are you trying lift?

Jim Skeel

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Motorcycle lift if it goes high enough. You can put the plywood platform on it.

HM

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

This is called a "" 48" Farm Jack """ available at Harbour Freight when it is on sale about $30.00
    <a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view¤t=FarmJack.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

5. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I was wondering if anyone would bring up the HILIFT jack, they make it in 4/5&6 foot tall styles. Very handy especially if you off road/4 wheeling at all.

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

non of you addressed the design specs,,,,2X2 platform,,,,,we have lifting rolling tables like this for installing large bus batteries,,only lift 2 feetl,,they are not cheep,,,,a motorcycle lift on wheels will only lift about 2 feet,,,we also have a small rolling air oparated mini fork lift for changing tandem tire and wheel assemblies 6 foot lift,,,they are not cheep,,have your local steel or wood guy make platform as needed,,,,I can get you a name of the mamufacture,,,have to call the shop ,,,Billy,,,drop the XXX,s

7. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

HARBOUR FREIGHT

To place a
    Phone Order
    805-388-3000

Customer Service 1-800-444-3353
    8:00am-4:30pm
    Monday-Friday
    Eastern Time

View more Central Hydraulics items
    HYDRAULIC HIGH LIFT TABLE CART

Move heavy items from floor to table height. Smooth rolling cart lifts up to 770 lbs.

Table size 35-1/2' L x 20' W
    Lifting range: 13-1/2' to 50-1/4'
    Maximum load capacity: 770 lbs.
    Ball bearing casters: 5' hard rubber

Weight: 233 lbs.

ITEM 41145-3VGA
    $339.99

$299.99 Email link to a friend
    Prices on our website may or may not be current prices in our stores §Overweight Item

Related Items
    93116-4VGA 1000 LB. CAPACITY HYDRAULIC SCISSOR TABLE CART $239.99
    94822-8VGA 500 LB. CAPACITY HYDRAULIC LIFT TABLE $169.99 <a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view¤t=Table.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. 682LINY

682LINY Member

see above web site

9. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

What are you trying to lift?? Those Hi-lift jacks are called Widow-Makers here.If your hand slips off the handle will hit you in the head. Kill or make bloodclots in your brain. My neighbor had that happen.
    Yes good for offroading but little else.

WesleyB

10. yvonne

I need to lift my artificial Christmas tree from the ground to a 4 ft platform. I build a platform over the stairwell for the tree. Unfortunately, I don't have alot of room to manuever....a short 4 ft wide space. I'll try to get a picture posted later in the day. Thanks for all the suggestions!

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

What the ..? How much can an artificial Christmas tree weigh, just pick it up and put it where you want it ... If you get mad enough you can do anything ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. yvonne

HaHa .. This one weighs a ton! I'm decorating it in 3 sections and hauling it to the platform..Takes 2 people for each section to go up. Then my ornaments get all messed up and some fall off the tree. Then you have to get each section perfectly aligned so it looks right. All the while standing on the platform that is over a stair well with 11 stairs....LONG way down ~~~ Every year I say "Im getting too old for this"!!

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got a wreath that I plug in and an artificial tree that stays decorated that gets put up ... Thats enough Christmas Spirit around here ... I did buy two more wreaths with lights from a lady at the bowling alley so this year I will have gone the extra mile so to speak ... "Merry Christmas" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Sounds like you have a tree like my wife's, I dread when she wants to put it up and take it down. I use my front end loader to put it on the patio, and to take it off, and she takes it in and assembles it in pieces.

I'd offer to help, but my front end loader probably won't fit in your house

15. yvonne

Betcha it would! I live in a Hexagon Log Home! Open floor plan! I'll leave the light on for you!

16. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Try a drywall lift. I didnt read all the other post so if someone already suggested it , i"m sorry.

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Block and Tackle.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Yvonne, it's 9 ft tall 8feet wide, but the down side is it weighs about 14,000 lbs. Might have to shore up the floor

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Could you rig a come along to an overhead beam and pull sections up that way? I probably don't have a very good idea of what you need to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.