1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Need 3/4 inch scope rings

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by snapthecat, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Looking for a set of two (separate) rings that are two piece each to fit a 3/4 inch scope tube. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Try calling Weaver. They used to have them.

3. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

No one makes them anymore, Weaver, Redfield, nobody. Just thought there might be a pair lying around that someone wanted to get rid of.

4. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Here you go. You just have to pick which one you want. Go to Ebay and here are the numbers you need to look them up

5. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

As I stated, they must be two separate rings, with each ring in two pieces. None of the ones you listed fit this. 3 were not two piece, one was for the scope and the rings, don't need the scope, already have that which is why I need the rings.
    and one was not for a grooved receiver. I had already researched e-bay, Brownells,
    the gun auction sites, and 7 gun stores and gunsmiths before I posted this. However, I do appreciate your effort. I just thought that as many gun people as there is seeing this, someone might help. Thanks

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If this is for a low recoil application, then have a machinist make up some reducing rings and use a 7/8" or 1" ring, and then slit cut them in half. Don't line up the slits with the ring halves, but offset them from 45 degrees to 90 degrees.<br>
    <br.
    If this is for a high recoil application, then the reducing rings should have a slight flange on one side, and this flange should touch the REAR of the standard rings. Otherwise the reducing ring might slip through.<br>
    <br>
    Suitable material is aluminum, brass or copper.<br>
    <br>
    You may need very thin friction paper as used for scope mounting.

7. B.C.

B.C. Member

hurray for Gary, you beat me to the punch !B.C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.