1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - NASCAR...What a joke

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

People are stupid.

2. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Remember when they ran real cars? Chevs, Plys, Ford TBirds, the square bird
    and then the bullet bird. Hudson Hornets , Olds 88, Real cars. Today
    it's just a tube frame and fiberglass shell. I vote for the real cars.
    Anybody know when they stoped driving the real thing on the NASCAR circuit?

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

That's why it's called NAPCAR here in 410 sprint car country.

[​IMG]

Ed

4. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

At the risk of getting shot: Non Athletic Sports Centered Around Rednecks, NASCAR.

5. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

I find these much more interesting , watching on T.V. and going to the races .

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

That's why we trapshoot.

7. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

There is one good thing happening in NASCAR right now. Darrel Waltrip's critics are finally as fed up with his stupidity as the rest of us are. I hope they sending him packing soon.

Jon Reitz

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Skeeter, That's funny, but true, especially the beer part. That went along with anything in those days. LOL, Bob

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

WWF on wheels. It;s a good thing they have occasional antics, or it woukld be a total snore.

HM

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

NASCAR----It's like watching grass grow. Only the grass is more interesting.

11. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I'm with Ed and Skeet2day...Give me a good old DIRT track race, and I could spend a week watching it...

Dave in SC

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I figured both Waltrips would be in the booth before any one of them leaves. Sheesh.

13. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

The only nascar event we ever attended was going to the Bristol 500 back in the mid-60's. Cool as hell - and loud too. I think today the nascar circuit has the same allure: neat for little kids. Wonder if the crash rate has gone up since all the cars are pretty much the same bag? Drivers are taking more chances to get up in the top three slots for the finish. Or maybe it's all about being safe and predicatable to slowly rack up 'points'. "My driver accumulated 3 points today - wwooopie...!"

14. AveragEd

Back in 1989, I was sent by the dealership I worked for to evaluate the vehicles turned out by a custom van upfitter in Elkhart, Indiana (where else?). In an attempt to sway my very strong dislike for custom vans, the upfitter threw in two tickets to that Sunday's NAPCAR race at Brooklyn, Michigan. I took our daughter along, who was about 10 at the time. Roughly half-way through it, she turned to me and said, "Daddy, this really boring compared to Williams Grove - can we leave soon?" I had only been sticking around because I thought she was enjoying herself and wasted no time getting out of there!

Ed

15. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Yeah, Ed - I think that's why Steve Kinser went back to driving sprint cars, too. It was too boring. Well, at least it was too boring driving around at the back of the pack.

16. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

singleshot bring them nascar boys to a sprint car track . kayne & stewart & will do ok maybe a couple others but most don,t have what it takes to be a top notch sprint car driver. i doubt you can find any 4 sprint cup drivers that combined have won as many sprint cup titles as kinser"by himself" has won W of O titles. kinser has won around 12 knoxville nationals.i doubt you can find 2 sprint cup drivers combined that have won that many daytona 500,s. i think it was 87 that kinser won around 7 out of every 10 races he was in. i can think of no one that has dominated a sport like kinser dominated sprint cars when he was in his prime. he don,t do to bad now for an old fella in a young man,s game. nascar needs to get guys like smokey back in the sport.& i think if you done some research you will find that bernstein had as much to do with kinser,s poor showing in nascar as kinser did. dwain

17. AveragEd

It is true that some of our good ones like Steve Kinser and even some "okay" ones like Slammin' "Win-it-on-the-first-lap-or-take-someone-else-out-trying" Sammy Swindell didn't fare well in NAPCAR. Steve even went as far as say that it actually was easier physically than driving a sprint car and he has done well in IROC so his poor showing in stock cars was a surprise to a lot of people. Maybe it was the equipment?

Sammy just thought that since you didn't have to worry about going out of the park on your head if you bumped wheels in a stock car, that meant you could run into the competition even harder.

Dave Blaney surprises me by just staying in Sprint Cup. Except for that one championship year he had in the WoO, he never did a whole lot in a sprinter. His brother, Dale, is the better driver in my opinion.

Ed

18. BassMeat

BassMeat Member

Man I am glad I am in good company on this site. I actually work on Sprint Cars here in Indiana. It's the best racing there is.

19. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Dirt is for racing, asphalt is for getting there. There is 5-1/2 mile and 2-1/4 mile track within 70 miles of home and Knoxville isn't much further than that.

Skeet2day, Two friends of mine (Brothers) raced around the same time frame as you did in and around central Iowa also. Bob and Dean Flaws.

20. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

You are either a NASCAR Fan or your not, it used to take 6 months to get from Fl. to Ca. and hope you didn't get scalped or freeze to death, but, times changed, it used to be you watched a Nascar race to watch one or two guys lap the field over and over in a 500 mile race, talk about boring. Now you have a group that on any givin Sunday anybody could win, yeah, there are a few top notch get'r done teams but overall pretty level as far as equipment.

It's the people that make the race teams win, they all have the teck to do it it is just a matter of execution that have most of the teams stumped.

Plus NASCAR still is the most watched sport in the USA today.

As any good American we all have the right to watch or participate in what we like or don't like, however being a Nascar fan does not mean we are less or more intelligent than people that watch "Basketball", "Football" or "Baseball.

Well, on second thought, maybe for sure, Nascar Fans are smarter than people that watch Pro Basketball. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.