1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T NASA shooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tonygrz, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

I know there are some LEOs on this site and I have a question. Regarding the NASA shooting today in Houston, the shots were fired at about 1PM, when the first person was shot and killed, and the shooter killed himself at about 5PM. All that time, SWAT was outside the building, doing what?? The news story said that attempts to communicate with the shooter were unsuccessful, so why not go in??

I don't mean any disrespect towards LEOs, just want to know why the police officers didn't go in for four hours?? Is this new procedure?? What would have happened if more shots were heard??

Comments???

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

What the hell, another incident? I have heard nothing. I have no opinion. but I am curious. What happened?

HM

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a nephew who is a SWAT team commander and also a graduate of a hostage negotiation training program ... His take on it is, once they call out the SWAT Team the time for talking is getting short and hearing shots will shorten the amount of talk time considerably if they are in a position to get a shot off ... This will usually result in a stop in communication from that moment on ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

What happened is that a tech that was a contractor at NASA Houston thought he was going to lose his job, so he shot his boss at NASA. The shooter used to work at Westinghouse (now Northrop Grumman) here in Linthicum, MD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.