1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T My gripe for the day...DU

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Setterman, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Remember, there are very few paid employees in DU. The whole object is to make money. If a product will turn 2000% profit at a banquet, bet your bippy they will have it in the national or state package regardless who made it.

Plus they are competing with the Pheasants, turkeys, deer, elk, and others.
    Big competition for wildlife dollars right now.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Lit, is there anything still made in the USA?

I understand your frustration though, I won an NRA knife for a prize in doubles at a local trap club. Guess what? Right under the NRA logo was "Made in China"

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'm with you Lit. At times, there are "Knife" shoots in my parts. The first thing that I want to know is "Where is that knife made?". Almost ALWAYS, it's made in China. They can keep the damn knife because I DON'T WANT IT. Believe it or not, they STILL make knives here in the USA!

It's pathetic!

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good rant Denny. There's not enough of us shop "made-in-the-USA" left to mean much these days. A lot of our major manufacturing jobs have been shipped off shore to include China! Our companies build the plants and hire (CHEAP-LABOR) for the ultimate bottom line.

Lord help us if we ever need the manufacturing we needed at the start of WW2!! We've allowed politicians to lead us toward a third world shit hole nation where our manufacturing jobs went!!

Hap

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Many of the Ducks that fly over us are not made in the USA. Many Pheasant hunters state they do not like imports, but Pheasants were imported from Asia.

Pat Ireland

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

ctreay

I have looked in to buying lapel pins for our collegiate event made in the USA.

I could not find any who actually made their pins here.

If you find such a place, let me know.

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

What adds insult to injury is the Chinese record on wildlife issues. From rhinoceres horn, to tiger skins/penises, bear gall bladders, shark fins, elk antlers, and on and on, if there is a way to exploit endangered wildlife, there is probably a major Chinese connection.

8. mgfi26

mgfi26 TS Member

USA made trap gun...LOL!

9. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I don`t belong to DU but to put my 2 cents in , the migratory birds we shoot travel both to Mexico and into Canada so purchasing any trophys made in either country isn`t bad in my opinion and perhaps a plus for better relations . I am also a Navy veteran and I think it is an absolute disgrace for any organization as the American Legion , VFW or Personnal home purchasing of anything with the American Flag on it to come from a Foreign Country, any foreign country !!! If you can`t find anything made here then give the shells or money designated for it as the trophy and explain why !! I don`t think there will be any complaints . Look in your medicine and kitchen cabinets and see how many items that you also take for granted for years that have been made in the good old USA are now made in China and Mexico along with 10 other countries . Look carefully when you purchase and protect our Country . Too many ships deliver but never return with anything unless it`s something that they can use to reduce our monetery values .

10. Setterman

I agree with you on the Beretta pistol. My God, the US is the country of John Browning, and we can't build a pistol to compete with the 92?

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The next time you buy a shooting vest, shell pouch, shell bag, shooting coat look at the label, made in Japan or China except for John Storm, or Custom Sportswear and Optical, they are made in the USA, there are some Leather shell carriers made in Texas, but is it american leather? Now we get to American Made guns, Ljutic, Silver Seitz, Infinity, Cole, Alferman, Remington, Older Winchester, refined further TRAPGUNS.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. EE

EE Banned User Banned

As much damn money as DU gouges you for at one of these banquets, they could spend a few bucks more and buy stuff not made in China. Those banquets are a huge rip-off.

The last one I went to, very few items were sold in the auction, because they couldn't get bid to meet their minimum price. Guys are wise-ing up.

EE

13. Setterman

EE, Waterfowl hunters have been "wise" for a long time, but we prefer to donate our hard earned $ to the most prolific conservation organization in the US anyway. Do you have any idea what Du has done to conserve wetlands since the 30's?

Stuff isn't selling cause times are bad, and if you're a life long DU supporter, you already have 20 prints stashed in your house and office.

They need to devise a new gig, but I'll continue to support them anyway. Ive yet to see a municipality, the Feds, or anyone else pull eminant domaine on a DU Wetlands. We need to preserve every wetlands we can.

14. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Setterman has it right Ducks Unlimited is a class act in my book. If you want to change things volunteer to be a committee member and then you too can have a say in the prizes and where they come from.

Check out their return to actual projects, you will be impressed. Thats my 2 cents. Regards, Bill

As for American made trap guns I have a room full of them. They use to all be made here. I shot a Ithaca 4e at the 16, A Remington 90T at handicap and a Remington 3200 at doubles last year.

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

EE

DU, and all the other organizations like that, have banquets for one reason.

So that you, the friendly duck, pheasant, quail, etc. hunter interested in wildlife habitat restoration and improvement of the duck, pheasant, quail, etc. population, will give your money to further that end.

If you go to them looking to get a deal, you've missed the point.

16. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

As far as knives are concerned, I won the senior vet trophy at the Illinois southern zone which was a knife made by the Montana Silversmiths. There are things that are made here and with the mindset that I see and hear it seems that no one gives a dam except me and Lit along with a few others. That attitude is what got this country in trouble to start with. So continue to buy that foreign made stuff so we can go further in the hole. This is my opinion as I don't make my living selling foreign made stuff.

Dave

17. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

How about this one! US Customs badges are made in China

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Extremely difficult to get away from "Globalization".....

It'll take decades to bring those types of manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. Then we have the problem finding semi-skilled labor that are willing to work in a manufacturing environment.

Curt

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hey! I shoot USA gun... Perazzi/USA.

20. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

MIA,

You're shameless! Lol.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.