1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Mower Repair

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by unioncracker, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unioncracker

unioncracker TS Member

May 17, 2007
    I have a Chraftsman DLT2000,48 in, electric clutch. The mower cranks, with the pto switch out engaged it will not start. The problem is the pto/clutch will not engage.I have had a couple of blown fusues but I think that was due to the seat switch wires shooting because the tape came off, it was wired around. Does anyone know a simple way to troubleshoot. I have a meter and would like to ohm out the clutch but don't know what reading I should have.This mower came to me from deceased dad.Would like to keep but I'm thinking it is cursed.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    In the Cabana
    O/T Mower Repai

That should be fairly easy to trouble shoot, put one lead on the wire from the clutch, and check it to ground, there should be a few ohms of resistance (not sure what it will be, but as long as it shows some it's not a direct short, if it shows some resistance take a jumper and put on alligator clip on the pasitive terminal and just kinda touch the wire from the clutch, you sould hear it click if the magnet is pulling in, they're generally not that hard to replace
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.