1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Movie Vantage Point???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 686beretta, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Rented this tonight is it any good????

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

At the end, I would have never suspected that Dennis Quaid was the informant...that was a shocker.

3. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Joe, But I WOULD believe you are a troll of the first magnitude!

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Watch it and let us know.

Eric

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

If you like the Ground Hog Day movie then you will love this one I didn't care for all the rewindind of every camera but every time they flashed back then something new was learned.

I had night mares that night about something and it kept on coming back at me about a dozen times and everytime I looked at the clock it was the same exact time.

Foghorn

6. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

The story has more holes in it than 10 pounds of Swiss cheese. The constant flashbacks are extremely annoying. The Secret Service security was absolutely unbelievable. No one would ever get to the floor where the President was staying. Entry points are limited, and the Secret Service constantly challenges employees, etc.

A Presidential speech would never be made in a place that had so many unguarded windows. The mayor of Salamanca would not share the spotlight with the President of the United States; the President (Prime Minister?) of Spain would be there.

The Secret Service would never expose the President to danger by stopping and switching cars. Once moving they stay moving.

Quaid is unbelievable as a Secret Service agent coming back from disability. He wouldn't be on the Presidential detail so soon, if there was a physical or psychological doubt about his abilities. He looked like a walking ad for Thorazine.

The bad guys swerve the van to miss a little girl? After they killed so many in the plot, they would hesitate to run over her? The car chase was unbelievable, and cobbled together from too few takes.

Any hostage would have been secured to the gurney so they couldn't cause any mischief.

The Forest Whitaker "sub-story" was useless.

Other than that, not too bad a movie, especially if you want to waste a couple of bucks.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.