1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Motorcycle Wanted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I'm looking for a clean '81-'83 Yamaha Seca 750. If anyone knows of any for sale, I sure would appreciate a heads up. I live in Central Indiana and would consider anything within a reasonable drive. Thanks for any help!

ec90t

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ec90t:

I sure wished I still had my 81 yamaha 1100 midnight special I was a fool for selling it for 1,500 after buying it new and kept it for 12 years and had only 5,000 miles on it the guy won't sell it back to me at any price well im sure there would be a price for it but it would be to high though.

I will look around down here in west ky there used to be quite a few of them down here back then but they might be junked out by now.

The link above is to a local classified ad's from V.C.I.net and it covers a big area in west ky and up toward IN,IL it is free to use all you have to do is sign in with a email address and make a password ok you can view it without signing in if you want to look around.

if you don't want to post on it then I can and paste your info in there.

Foghorn

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Those Midnight Specials were nice looking bikes...I miss my Z1-R

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Foggy,
    Back in the mid '90's there was a Yamaha,Honda dealer in Washington, IN that had a brand new 1100 Midnight Special and a matching 850 Midnight Special. They had never been seviced or started. The fellow that owned the shop died a couple of years later and I never found out what happened to those motorcycles.

CalvinMD,
    A few years back I sold a couple of Kawi's that I never should have. I had a '82 KZ1000 ELR, yes an honest to god Eddie Lawson Replica, and a '80 KZ1000 MkII. Both of which were very nice motorcycles in near showroom condition. A guy followed me for 50 mi on day when I was out riding the ELR and made me an offer for the pair that I couldn't refuse. Man was I dumb!

ec90t

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I have a buddy here in West Ky that has for sale a 96 honda shadow 650 that he is asking $2000 for. His name is Joe Thomas. Post here if you would like his number.

Forrest

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ec90t:

My midnight special was serial number 316 out of 1,800 as you probably know they only made them 2 years in 80 and 81 for the 850 and 1100's but I think later they made a midnight maxium I had 5,000 in mine with the extra's like black chromed engine gaurds and black chromed back rest and the sport faring.

I would had probably bought a Seca if I didn't buy the midnight Special but I had bought a new 850 special in 1980 and wanted something bigger.

There is a low milage one for sale in the link above but it is in CA it was on the craigslist.org site

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Foggy,

I believe that my memory has slipped a bit over the years. You are correct about the years. They where/are wonderful riding motorcycles then and now. Trying to find a midnight that still hass all the gold anodizing in tact would be a bit of a chore these days.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Seca in CA. I'm trying to find one a little closer so I can pick it up in person.

ec90t

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Check this one out...11k miles and the price seems right.
    Jim

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/334316932.html

9. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"they dont call them DONORCYCLES for nothing"

I may have just heard that once or twice before; no one wants ANYTHING I've got anyway ;)

I have a mint 1991 Virago 750 I'd sell.

This is my little scooter;

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/03may02yamaha2003fjr1300.html

10. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I wish I still had my 305 Honda scrambler!! Gary

11. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Ditto on the Honda Scrambler...my first m/c was in 1966, a Honda 250 Scrambler, later added the big bore kit to 305cc. Life was fantastic when you're 16 headed to school on a motorcycle.

nspktr1, I had a Kaw H1, the 500cc version. One of the worst handling m/c's I ever owned, but point it in a straight line, crank the throttle and nothing would pass it. Years later I had a Yamaha 400RD, a real screamer too. Both of those bike are highly collectable now. BTW, I met Kenny Roberts (World Champion Yamaha rider numerous times) in Modest where he has a dealership and ranch. His son rides too and very seuccessful. He has some amazing stories about Yamaha and racing in Europe with world class riders. This past weekend I was at Infineon Raceway for the AMA Superbike Showdown. I was invited by a sponsor (we do business) into the pits and holy crap, these bikes have awesome power. Lots of riders on the Suzuki GSX-R1000 and next was the HOnda Honda CBR1000RR. My favorite eye candy bike: the Agusta F-4100R...a engineering and design masterpiece.

12. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"I wish I still had my 305 Honda scrambler!! Gary"</blockquote>

I still do have my 305 Super Hawk...and except for a little rust on some of the spokes, it looks as good as it did when I bought it!

Mike

13. ec90t

ec90t Guest

nspktr1,
    You might want to get ahold of Paul Gast ( Fast by Gast racing ). He is about the only one that I know of who still makes H2 chambers.

ec90t

14. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

You old fart are as old as me! My first bike was a 120cc kaw with high and low range. I worked for a motorcycle shop after high school and bought a new H1.
    The 350 was too squirley and the H2 had a ton of piston slap. 36 motorcycles and I ride a kaw 300 klx, Dr 650 and a Honda valkyrie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.