1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Moto GP testing this week in INDY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Well it looks as if a few of the MotoGP teams will be testing at Indy this week. A couple of days in the sun watching motorcycles, at speed, at the most famous race track in the world sounds like a bit of fun.

ec90t

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yeah, but you are still in Indy no place.

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Ride with the champions
    at the Red Bull Indianapolis GP

Don't be left behind.

Want to make motorcycle history? Take advantage of this amazing opportunity to take a parade lap around the brand-new road racing course at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!

The Lap of Champions is Saturday, Sept. 13, when the eyes of the motorcycle racing community will be focused on the 2008 MotoGP World Championship round at the famed racing complex.

To add to the thrill of taking a parade lap around the track in front of thousands of racing fans, you'll also have a chance to win some amazing prizes after the ride.

We're giving away an AGV GP Tech helmet, AGV Sport leathers, boots and gloves, a set of Dunlop tires, passes for the 2009 Indianapolis MotoGP, and much more.

This special Ride for Kids® fundraising event benefits the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, and the top fundraiser will receive his or her choice of an Aerostich Roadcrafter or Darien riding suit. We encourage you to ask your family, friends, co-workers and acquaintances for donations to help the kids.

Donation levels start at $100 for a single ride pass and go up to $425 for a deluxe package that includes motorcycle parking and MotoGP passes for two.

The Lap of Champions will take place rain or shine, and you must be present to win drawing prizes. Registration is limited to 250 motorcycles, so reserve your spot now!

About the PBTF Ride for Kids®
    The national Ride for Kids® program and the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation promote childhood brain tumor research and provide family support through free literature about brain tumors, educational newsletters, online conferences and college scholarships. This year the Ride for Kids® is celebrating its 25th year of hope. With the help of America's motorcycling community, the PBTF has become the largest non-governmental funder of childhood brain tumor research in the world.

Don't be left behind.
    Register now!

http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/lapofchampions.html?member_key=xn7n8gg4hximbi3

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Great posting Cy-kick!

ec90t

5. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

Glad to see fellow MotoGP racing enthusiast on Trapshooter.com! I have been a fan of motorcycling road racing for years. I follow MotoGP, WSB,and all AMA on Speed channel. My oldest son is personnel friend of Colin Edwards who rides for Yamaha satellite team in MotoGP. He is going to France with inlaws and is going to make a side trip to Brno, Czech. to watch races in August.
    Go Nicky, Colin, and John , all American guys in MotoGP. Ben Spies AMA champion will be going to MotoGP next year to ride for Suzuki.
    With the addition of Indy that will make 2 MotoGP races in US this year. Laguna Seca in Cal. in a couple of weeks is the other.
    I have too loves that keep me interrested in my old age (78). Bike racing and Trapshooting!!! All good!!! Don D.

6. ksaul1

ksaul1 TS Member

Bad luck for Nicky Hayden last week, but his new phneumatic valved machine is looking to provide the additional power he was asking for. Next step is to cross the finnish line with all cylinders still firing.
    I wont be home for Indy or Laguna races, but i will catch them at all at Motegi.
    For those of you riders, and non riders alike who have the opportuniy and the means to get to either race in the US (Laguna 7/20 or Indy 9/14), I would highly recommend you take a weekend off of shooting and get out to the track to see the worlds best road racers and cheer on the American riders.
    http://www.motogp.com/

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

ksaul1,

One of the most impressive sights that I have ever witnessed was at Laguna in '88 or '89. I was there attending the US GP and got to watch the side-hacks race. Seeing those worms at full speed going through the corkscrew is a site that I'll never forget!

ec90t

8. ksaul1

ksaul1 TS Member

I can imagine EC, havent seen side hacks since the ice races back in the early 80s, I imagine those were pretty wild. Ive always ridden off road andj just caught onto the road racing thing a few years ago myself, really hooked on the motogp series. It and WSBK are both pretty good, and we have some pretty good American riders.

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

ksaul1,

I've been kinda awaiting the day, to come back, when the American riders are the ones to fear. When Rainey, Schwantz, and Lawson ruled the roost it was a site to see. I even got to see King Kenny flat tracking in my younger years. Any form of two wheeled racing is exciting.

ec90t

10. ksaul1

ksaul1 TS Member

Agreed EC.

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Well two days of testing has taken place and I got stuck putting up hay! They will be testing tomorrow as well when the KTM riders take to the track. Maybe I'll get up there tomorrow, if it doesn't rain.

I really hate it when work gets in the way of fun!

ec90t

12. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation is pleased to announce an incredible opportunity to win a set of riding gear worn by American motorcycle racing star Colin Edwards. The gear will be presented in person at the upcoming Laguna Seca Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix in Monterey, California. All monies raised will benefit the Joe Parkhurst Memorial Scholarship Fund, a motorcycle industry-based effort to honor the founder of Cycle World Magazine by supporting the scholarship program of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. All proceeds from the auction will be used to provide an avenue to a higher education for survivors of childhood brain tumors.

The Colin Edwards package includes a full set of gear worn by the American during the weekend, including his Spidi leathers and gloves, Arai Helmet and Sidi boots.

This package will also include a pair of weekend three-day general admission passes to the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, July 18-20, 2008 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and a pair of passes to an exclusive Team party on Friday evening the 18th.

The winning bidder will be invited on stage during Saturday ceremonies to receive their personally autographed gear directly from the Texas Tornado himself, Colin Edwards.

The auction is live on eBay now and will continue until 12 noon PST Sunday, July 13.

Follow this link to the auction - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180261075937

13. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Why watch? Strap yourself on a bike and try it. Racing gets into your blood. BTW don't forget Redbud is this Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.