1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T More Jackbooted Thugs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Fast Oil, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Here is another one:

Wisconsin police can attach GPS to cars to secretly track anybody’s movements without obtaining search warrants, an appeals court ruled Thursday.

However, the District 4 Court of Appeals said it was “more than a little troubled” by that conclusion and asked Wisconsin lawmakers to regulate GPS use to protect against abuse by police and private individuals.

As the law currently stands, the court said police can mount GPS on cars to track people without violating their constitutional rights—even if the drivers aren’t suspects.

Officers do not need to get warrants beforehand because GPS tracking does not involve a search or a seizure, Judge Paul Lundsten wrote for the unanimous three-judge panel based in Madison.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Good to see that paranoia is still running rampant!!

Curt

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Paranoia is a term to describe suspiciousness (or mistrust) that is either highly exaggerated or not warranted at all. The word is often used in everyday conversation, often in anger, often incorrectly. Simple suspiciousness is not paranoia--not if it is based on past experience or expectations learned from the experience of others.

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

It has been legal to attach a tracking device to an automobile for years. They were radio devices before GPS became readily available. The attaching of tracking devices to automobiles has been reviewed by various courts and found to be constitutional. It is an extension of the ability of law enforcement to surveil an automobile being driven on public highways. The expectation of privacy does not extend to traveling on the highway without being observed.

As for the video by the jerk who challenging the Border Patrol he is refusing to obey a lawful order of a law enforcement officer and will not fare well in court. The place to present any argument he may have is in court and not at a check point on a highway.

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

ou.3200, maybe you should have watched the whole 27+ minutes of the video. He drove away. Maybe the BP could not get a search warrent?

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Paranoid? Yes, there is rampant paranoia in America.<br>
    <br>
    It's our government that's paranoid.

7. ou.3200

Drive away or not he still failed to obey a lawful order of a law enforcement officer, that being to pull his car to the side of the road and identify himself. He should have pulled over, identified himself and calmly refused the search rather than yelling and screaming as he did. There is a right way and a wrong way to go about things. Searching the car may have required a warrant but pulling someone over to identify them does not.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Shoulda just shot him!!

Curt

9. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I live within 70 miles of the border, I travel a MAIN highway that runs North from the Border,about Half the length of it and frequently drive a beat vehicle that "IF IT WHERE PROFILED" would get stopped ten times a day.

The few times I have been stopped, I have never had anything like that happen, But then again, My dad was a COP so, I am polite respect full and cooperative.

I may be the only stop that is in a good spirits and smiling that they make that day,

But heck even with a city COP, treat one like that and any good citizen should go out of there way to show the jerk the BP guy is really one of the nicer people he will ever again deal with! I would be looking to have my own fun! At the jerks exspense if I KNEW who he was "THe staged crap a watched"! an A hole like the one posted above, WHY WASTE THE SPACE? The BP is not the A hole by the way!

Al Lingham

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

To me the guy was suspicious as soon as he refused to answer questions. He was resisting law enforcement officers all the way. I'm surpised they ended up letting him go. He was looking/planning on doing that to begin with, it looked like to me.

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

They should have pulled him out of the car, waterboarded him to talk then shot him.

12. Big Az Al

Although You know they were not COP's from the olden days.........

Question: why did you pull him out of the window?
    " because he would not open the door"

Question: Did you have to break the window getting him out of the car?

" window what window? if the window was closed how could I have just reached in grabbed what ever I could get a hold of"

Question: Did you have grab him by the neck?

"Neck what neck? Turds don't have knecks!"

But the good old days are gone and we have to worry about CRAB like this turd pulled and half A%%ed filmed! And people wonder how berry got elected!

AL

13. ou.3200

I didn't see anyone step on the guys 4th amendment rights. First of all law enforcement officers have the right to ask anyone for consent to search their vehicle which is apparently what they were going to do before this guy went on his tirade. Secondly a warrant is not needed in all cases to search a vehicle. For example they can search a vehicle incident to an arrest or in exigent circumstances can search a vehicle on probable cause alone. There are not enough details here to determine what the circumstances of the road block were.

As to the brandishing of a weapon (nunchucks) being a violation of law it is doubtful that any prosecutor or judge would see it that way. It is entirely reasonable to have less than deadly weapons on hand in a case such as this where the person who is stopped is belligerent, refusing to pull off the road, roll down his tinted window or identify himself. The Border Patrol had no way of knowing his intentions.

14. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I had my own encounter with an off-duty ICE agent a few months back.

He was in his civilian auto, and blew a stop sign, almost hitting me broadside, on a busy two-lane road. I swerved to the left to avoid him, and then tried to re-enter the lane. This a$$hole then sped up to keep me from getting out of the other lane. I then sped up and had to cut him off to keep from hitting someone else head on.

He proceeded to tailgate me for another half-mile until I got to my destination. When I parked, he pulled across my back, got out of his car, and approached my window. He proceeded to tell me, "I think I'll just run you downtown". I refused to lower my window more than a couple of inches.

I then replied, "WE aren't going anywhere. First, you ran a stop sign, and then pushed a bad position by trying to cut me off. Second, if you wish to push this any further, we will call the XXXXXXX Township police, or the county sheriff. You can then explain your side to a police officer, and I'll explain mine. I can guarantee you that I'll swear out a warrant, charging you with assault (threat of arrest), and you can then explain your actions to the local ICE inspector general tomorrow, when I file a formal complaint about your actions off-duty. Finally, unless you suspect me of violating customs or immigration law, your badge isn't any good here." I even offered him my cell phone to make the call.

He stood with his hands on his hips, and I then exited my car. I then wrote down his license number, badge number, and name; asked him to move his car if he was done with his rant, and then got on with my business.

At no time did I raise my voice, or make any threats. He knew he was in the wrong, and he let his ego and uniform get in the way of common sense.

Dennis

15. Trab

Trab TS Member

Check this link to Jackbooted Thugs.

16. Big Az Al

This whole thing is said to be at a check point, every vehcile stops and gets a looking over and the BP agent MAY ask where are you coming from.

I infrequently pass thru a check point with out coming within 20 miles of the border.

When I do I role my window before I get to the stop sign, and as I role to a stop a make a pleasent comment, Good Day/evening/night Sir, that is ansewered either by procede sir or when my profile triggering vehicle has all the seats full "is everyone a citizen?" then "procede"!

This hole thread is BUNCH (PROBABLY A SEMI LOAD) of horse droppings

Staged by a turd! There is no need to treat an officer/agent that is only doing his job the way that act starts! NOT ONE F'ING NEED!!!!!!!!! If it got out of hand blame the turd in the truck with his camera already roling, A turd like that needs to flushed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Lingham

17. Big Az Al

This whole thing is said to be at a check point, every vehcile stops and gets a looking over and the BP agent MAY ask where are you coming from.

I infrequently pass thru a check point with out coming within 20 miles of the border.

When I do I role my window before I get to the stop sign, and as I role to a stop a make a pleasent comment, Good Day/evening/night Sir, that is ansewered either by procede sir or when my profile triggering vehicle has all the seats full "is everyone a citizen?" then "procede"!

This hole thread is BUNCH (PROBABLY A SEMI LOAD) of horse droppings

Staged by a turd! There is no need to treat an officer/agent that is only doing his job the way that act starts! NOT ONE F'ING NEED!!!!!!!!! If it got out of hand blame the turd in the truck with his camera already roling, A turd like that needs to flushed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Lingham

18. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

didn't anybody watch this video? I believe it was posted originally by Hauxfan..

19. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

First of all, to get a search warrant the officer has to have probable cause to believe something specific is in the automobile.

If an officer has that probable cause (which he did not in this case) then, in a situation like this he did not need to get the warrant. The Mobile Conveyance Exception (aka Carroll-Chambers Doctrine) allows an officer to search a vehicle without a warrant IF he has the requisite probable cause. Google either name to get more than you ever wanted to know about this exception to the warrant requirement of the 4th Amendment and some exceptions to the exception.

Searches incident to an arrest require a lawful arrest. In this case there was no grounds to arrest assuming there is no Federal Statute criminalizing this jerk's behavior as some sort of obstruction.

And, those types of searches have been curtailed when the Supreme Court overrulled the case which allowed such searches (Belton) last month in Arizona vs. Gant.

If it were truly a border stop (and that doesn't have to be at the actual border) then they could have searched the car and driver. Just like they can when you pass through customs from Europe or somewhere else outside this country.

The guy was a real jerk, and the BP officers let him control the situation. Obviously their superior realized this, at the end of the DVD and told them to let him go and return to business.

Bob

20. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

well said Lead Man.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.