1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Money for auto dealers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by spritc, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spritc

spritc Active Member

I know there are several auto dealers that frequent this site and my company has been asked to spread the word about stimulus money for businesses, but since I work with auto dealers exclusively I want them to get this info. first. If you need up to $3 mil per dealership for floorplan, cash flow or other needs, I have a direct line to that money. I understand rates are around 6% with no personal guarantees required. Email me your name and phone number and we can discuss this opportunity and then I will refer you to our source.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Let them go broke! As a group, they are the biggest crooks outside the "big house". They are the successors to the horse traders who were notorious thieves.

In what other store can you point to an item which is for sale and ask the simple question, "How much is it?" and be refused an answer. Instead you get, "I need to take some information first" or "Do you have a trade-in?" or some other evasion BUT NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER! "HOW MUCH IS IT!"

Their business practices have put them (and the manufacturers) in the sh*ter. I, for one always buy a late model used car with an extended warrantee rather than subject myself to their shenanigans. Yes, I would like a brand new car but the hassle just isn't worth it!

I vote NO!

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

If the dealer dissapears, Where you gonna get your warranty work done?? Huh?

Bob

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I do not & never will deal with a new car salesman. I do all my preliminary work on line. I know what I will pay before I enter the dealer. Furthermore, if they they try to sell me any of their aftermkt B.S. add ons such as warranties & maintenance packages. I tell them to stop immediately & if they pursue it I'm out of there. I had a check made out for the complete purchase of a care & when the mgr told me she had to inform me about a maintenance program/package---I tore up the check & walked.

Phil Berkowitz

6. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

Dealer must offer you an extended warranty and have you sign a form if not taken. Some people will have a problem after factory warranty term, get a lawyer and say "I didn't know I could extend it".

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The only thing thats more crooked than car dealers is the Political Process in Washington ... If they go broke thats because they made it happen and I say good riddence ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. spritc

spritc Active Member

I'm always willing to negotiate and I always win, after all I'm the one writing the check.

Birdogs, I really hope you are smarter than your comments.

WPT, you too?

Steve

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

Jerry, if you owned a business for more than five years and have a positive D & B rating, you may qualify without selling a car. I've sold lots of guns, I wonder if I qualify?

Steve

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Steve,

Prove me and birdogs wrong ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. spritc

spritc Active Member

That is an impossible request, each dealer is different and "most" have learned that mistreating customers, in anyway, leads to no sale. When I hear comments like yours and birdogs it tells me you guys don't like to mix it up, you want everything your way or no way. I've never found life to be that easy. Life is a negotiation.

Now prove me wrong!

Steve

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I make buying a car a real simple task, I find the one I want, research it and walk in with my check book in hand ... I make an offer and write a check if they accept it and walk if they don't ... I do not go they to get waltzed around and jerked around like they like to do to you ... I have never "not" been able to buy a new vehicle for the price I offered, theres your proof ... I quit dealing with dealers who are part of the Big 3 and have no reason to consider going back anytime soon ... There are a lot of cars and dealers ready to deal and go play, dance, and jerkoff the next person who walks in but it won't be me ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. spritc

spritc Active Member

WPT, you made my point! Not every dealer is a bad dealer and most will treat you well, but I want the best price I can get, so I'm willing to negotiate.

Steve

p.s. I don't deal with salesmen either

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would have to disagree with you saying most dealers will treat you well, I feel that a few will treat you well once they know you are a serious buyer and am not interested in their frickin games ... This is what I have found to be more the norm that otherwise ... I just reported a local dealer who has cars on the lot that they removed the factory stickers from and they have been replaced by a dealer sticker which is of course several thousand dollars over the factory sticker ... It will be interesting to see what happens with that ... I just happen to know what the dealer invoice is on the car and was told what the dealer can buy the car from the factory at less hold back and other charges for floor plans etc ... I got a feeling I know more about the car than the guy (saleman) who is trying to sell it does ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Kolardude,

You neglected to point out where my comments were ignorant or incorrect. Are you a car dealer or salesman?

16. spritc

spritc Active Member

Birdogs, if you put the dealers out of business, where are you going to buy your late model used cars?

I am not a dealer or a salesman, but I work with dealers everyday and I know hundreds of them and I know their sales practices. They all don't fit neatly into the box you put them in. That's like saying all trap guns are junk.

I am a business broker and I specialize in auto dealerships. I speak from knowledge of the business and not from speculation.

Steve

17. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

The reason we ask abut a trade in is because 97% of customers are upsidedown on their trade in. You can't give them bottom dollar and still have room to eat up all the negative equity. People don't seem to understand basic math. Had a guy in the store just today, he has a 2005 silverado with 117 k miles on it. He is looking at my 2007 siverado with 12k miles on it. He says that he gave 12,500.00 a year ago for his and now wants 15k$ for it and is only wanting to give 19k$ for mine. How on earth is that even reasonable? Customers lie way more than I am allowed to, which is none. John

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

John (bcnu)

You might be the one out of many sales people who are legitimately honest at least to the greatest degree ... There is another problem in the car business and thats that many of dealers are not even on the square with their sales people and they try to screw them as bad as they do the customers ... I'd rather have a root canal that walk into most car dealers and thats coming around to bite them because people are going to places where they at least think they are being treated close to right ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Kolardude

I suggest that the manufacturers set up factory owned retail outlets. This solves the "problem" of warrantee service etc. At least car buyers would not be subjected to the widely varying ethics of independent dealers. Further, a retail enterprise of such magnitude would be subject to regulatory oversight which would make many on the present scams illegal.

20. spritc

spritc Active Member

Birdogs, Now that's what we need, more government intervention and huge monopolies. You really have to be kidding. Who are you, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein or maybe you're Barney Frank? And we wonder why this country is in such bad shape; it is because these people keep getting re-elected and because you think the way you do. Ever heard of free enterprise?

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.