1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

o/t mid-life crisis

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hawk57, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

Don't worry about it, pretty soon your "pekker" is going to give out anyways and it won't matter what your wife looks like ;-)

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I had my midlife crisis when I turned 20. But now that I'm 41, I just bought a colorado elk hunt for this coming august. I haven't shot a bow in 20 years, as my wife so aptly (YOU BOUGHT A WHAT??? YOU DON'T SHOOT A BOW! I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU SHOOT YOUR BOW) pointed out. No problem...I bought a new bow. My old aluminum arrows won't work on these new fancy bows, so now I have new carbon fiber arrows. 6 of them. But I'm sure I'll need more. And I needed new broadheads. A case - so I could fly the bow to Colorado. And I'll have to pass my Alaska proficiency test so I can apply for all the cool bowhunts up here.

Is this what a midlife crisis feels like?

jeff

3. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Jeff, I hear 'ya. My wife had been after me to throw away my old archery target in the garage the whole time we've been married. "I've never seen you shoot a bow..."....yadda, what you wrote above. But I got the itch again.

The hard part is explaining why composite arrows cost $400 a dozen...so far, I've chickened out on that one. All trapguns cost $350? Well, carbon/aluminum arrows are $5 apiece. Then, you have to explain why the archery pro shop sells metal detectors, for people to find lost arrows with..."Why would anybody pay that much for a metal detector if arrows are relatively cheap?".....Um.....Uhhhhhh.....

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Bow and arrows,I can see why there are very few Indians left.
    White man has K or P guns.

Bo

5. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

My wife thought mine came in at 50 when I came home with a ragged '66 Mustang convertibe --- After getting it "presentable" , she loved twilight drives to the beach and other romantic spots and said that was "one hell of a good crisis".

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.