1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Mexican Consolate on school property

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ccw1911, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

It just keeps getting worse.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When your country is invaded there is only one response.

Liberal pukes would not like my answer.

HM

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Although it's appalling that diplomats are allowed to attack a fellow american and then claim diplomatic immunity, it has to be, unless we're willing to let US citizens be judged and punished according to harsh Islamic law when they are outside the U.S.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Curvy, remember, you're talking with crusty old Andy Griffith isolationists, who don't necessarily believe we should even _have_ diplomats in other countries (stop all aid, pull in the diplomats, put up the wall, etc. you know the drill...)

Just pointing out a difference in perspective...

5. halfmile

United States diplomats in other countries do not stoop to the same level as foreigners in our country.

There have been several criminal acts by diplomatic personell who hid behind their immunity.

You have to realize not everyone is as nice as us.

HM

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"United States diplomats in other countries do not stoop to the same level as foreigners in our country."

...and you know this to be true because...?

Morgan

7. rosies dad

rosies dad Member

Maybe there is a reason we have had a war or two with our Southern Neighbor's

8. halfmile

Morgan, we do not go into other countries and encourage illegal activity as was done here.

My prime reason for saying that was a case in New York where a serious crime could not be solved because the perp hid behind diplomatic immunity.

You can mash the link here for another example. Or you can Google for a few more.

I am not in the habit of making unsubstantiated statements.

HM

9. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Pull off the blinders Capt.

Buz

10. halfmile

Here's a little more for you from wiki:

Violation of the law by diplomats has included espionage, smuggling, child custody law violations, rape, and even murder: in London in 1984, policewoman Yvonne Fletcher was killed on the street by a person shooting from inside the Libyan embassy. The incident caused a breakdown in diplomatic relations until Libya admitted "general responsibility" in 1999.

It's all over if you want to see it. Saudis (and other Arabs) in particular are guilty of a lot of stuff, because of their customs regarding the treatment of women and servants. What would be prosecuted criminally if our citizens did it is routinely overlooked.

HM

11. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

The point is that the Consolate was operating on an American schools property helping illegals.

12. halfmile

Well, I can't say if she was breaking the law or not. At least when she assaulted one of the protestors she was. But the shield of diplomatic immunity gets her off the hook.

The Illegals were subject to arrest and detention or deportation (at least as far as the law is concerned, what a laugh) but not the diplomat.

HM

13. recurvyarcher

HM, you don't think any of our diplomats have gotten away with murder? US agents have claimed diplomatic immunity after carrying out operations. The US wants to protect their operative's right to claim diplomatic immunity.

CCW1911, I am aware of the main point of the article. Were you aware that there is a number to call the school district and lodge a complaint? Have you done so?

14. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

No, I have not called the school in question, I don't live there and don't think they would give any attention to my protest. Now if this happened at a school in my area (NWAR) I would probably be in one of the pictures.

I think this article points out the audacity of the Mexican government and illegal aliens. I felt like the conversation was getting heated about a different issue and so tried to remind everyone what the real issue is. Ross

15. halfmile

Curvey, I have no documentation for what you say, but there is for what I have reported.

My feelings about Illegal invaders and the Mexican government have been stated several times here. The recent appearance by Sonoran Government officials in the Arizona legislature, whining because their citizens were coming back was my best laugh of the year so far.

HM

16. halfmile

This was previously reported, but it's good reading.

The unmitigated gall of the Mexicans not wanting the responsibility of their citizens coming back and having the guts to whine about it to our leaders is a hoot.

HM

17. recurvyarcher

HM, look this up. You should find it on any web search engine:

In Bucharest in December 2004, Christopher VanGoethem, a U.S. marine who had been partying at a few bars, killed the Romanian rock star Teo Peter in a car crash. He claimed diplomatic immunity, and was transported back to the U.S.

18. halfmile

That, on the surface does not sound like criminal behavior. Bad judgement to drive drunk, but not an intentional criminal act. And not to nitick, but I see a marine, not a consul, envoy, attache or ambassador.

If he was staffed at a U. S. facility he may have been entitled to diplomatic immunity.

But, I'm sorry; your comparison is quite a stretch.

My statement was that foreigners on our soil hide behind the shield of diplomatic immunity while committing deliberate crininal acts.

Which your marine was not.

HM

19. halfmile

Hmmmmm........found him. Mash the link.

Not guilty by court martial, not drunk by chemical tests.

A lot different from shooting someone from inside the embassy building.

Ugly American (remember that term?) stories do not excite me.

HM

20. recurvyarcher

I am not crying "Ugly Americans"...read my prior posts. I am saying that if you rescind diplomatic immunity, then the US also gives up rights to use Diplomatic Immunity elsewhere. That means that they will be prosecuted by local laws when they are caught kidnapping, etc. Do you understand the consequences?

You DO know that our operatives have been kidnapping a lot of people in the last 10 or so years, don't you? These operatives are not following the law in obtaining, transporting, and imprisoning the detainees.

I WANT diplomatic immunity to stay in effect. It's a price that we have to pay in order for our military and intelligence to be able to carry out their missions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.